Massachusetts

Price per person including meal and Bar?

I am hoping to keep my price per person to $75.00 Including their meal/stations and a 4-5 hour open bar depending on the venue site. This 75 would include house charges and taxes.I have looked at Log Cabin, The Riverview, The Red Barn, Garden House at look Park. East Mountain country club is out. 
The Mill on the River comes close to this price but the reviews are so mixed about this place. 
Is this even possible? I am looking in the Western MA area but am willing to drive one hour from Springfield MA. Any ideas?

Re: Price per person including meal and Bar?

• edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the Springfield Marriott or Crestview? We are at the Springfield Marriott and love it! RIta is wonderful there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bride2012tobebride2012tobe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Springfield Marriott would be too expensive. I will check out Crestview though.
    Thanks.

• DivaJenDDivaJenD member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've looked at Tekoa CC and Oakridge CC which I believe would both be in your price range... depends on what you're looking for. I've also looked at Chez Josef and am looking at Spfld Marriott tomorrow. Also going to check out La Renaissance and Mill On The River.

May I ask what types of reviews you've heard concerning Mill?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
    edited December 2011
    DivaJenD i sent you a private message.
  • edited December 2011

I was at a grad party at Mill on the River and a friend of mine went to a wedding there-- very tight. Ceilings are low. I just had a hard time feeling like it was a wedding venue!

We also looked at Oak Ridge. The smell of smoke hit me when I walked in the door and it only got worse from there. Though I did love their table setting with the big martini glass and sand and shells.

I love the Springfield Marriott-- Rita is the best!! So wonderful to work with. I wasn't thrilled with La Renaissance-- it really needs to be the right fit for you. I felt like it was starting to show its age. The stage just didn't look for us though the updates to the stage were pretty.

Depending on the size of the wedding and the cost/style you're looking for Grassmere CC in Enfield does weddings. What about the Carriage House at Forest Park?

Good luck and let us know what you pick!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011

KFAW63012,

I am viewing Mill on the River soon. Their pictures on their websites are nice. I have seen pictures of that venue site outside of their website and it is okay. It is something I will have to view. What is nice is that I would be able to do an open bar and entree with all fees for around 80pp.

The carriage house at forest park would be expensive. You have to cater and then cater either an open bar or cash bar. Then you pay for the facility. This is close the same at look park the catering price is good, open bar good however renting the facility for my 75 guest list is 2400 putting me close to 92 per person.

I am viewing Mount Holyoke, The Mill and Riverview this weekend. Salem Cross Inn jut recently came on my radar. Any news about them?

I have seen pictures of La Rennaisance from a wedding, not my style. It does need some updating

• edited December 2011

That is a lot for Carriage House! I had no idea!! 

While you're looking at Mill on the River, maybe check out Maneeley's? They were relatively reasonable, just make sure to get everything in writing! For the most part, I've heard great things and know someone getting married there in May.

Did you like Chez Josef? I thought they were a little more expensive than I was expecting. It was pricewise with Delaney House which surprised me.

Riverview- the one in Simsbury? Loved it but it was waaayyyy expensive. Though I know it got considerably less expensive during non-peak season or on a day other than Saturday. If you're willing to go to Simsbury, check out Tower Ridge CC too, the Simsbury Inn, 1820 House, Avon Old Farms and Hopmeadow CC.

Did you check out Yankee Peddler, the Society Room, the Marquee/Gershon Fox?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DivaJenDDivaJenD member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    bride2012tobe - I sent you a PM.

So we've looked at 4 places so far (Tekoa CC, Oakridge CC, Chez Josef, and Spfld Marriott)... so far, Marriott is our top pick, but we still are planning to check out a few more places within the next month before making a decision.

Hoping to have our venue locked down by mid-January at the absolute latest for our May 2013 wedding (dealing w/ venues already being booked for proms during that timeframe has become an unforseen obstacle).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
    edited December 2011
    DivaJenD I PM'ed you
    edited December 2011
    KFA,

I have only seen East Moutain Country Club which I would not recommend. I am viewing Mount Holyoke College, The Salem Cross Inn and The Mill on the River this weekend.

I have been to a wedding at Chez Josef. They are close to price compared to the Log Cabin/Delaney house and I think those are better venue choices. The Chez Josef is outdated.

• edited December 2011

Good luck!! I felt so relieved when we chose our reception venue! One more place you might want to check which does an awesome wedding: the Farmington Club. I'd love to hear some reviews on the places you've looked at once you see them and what you pick in the end. Have fun! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried Quonquont Farm in Whatley (you get your own caterer/bar there so you might be able to work out a deal with Seth Mias or another reasonably priced caterer)? Another idea might be Wickham Park outside of Hartford. I just went to a wedding there this fall and it was great (the B and G could bring in their own drinks so that made a big difference).  Also, The Castle of Knights in Chicopee is really reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011

Lukeyloo,
    I have checked out the farm online and there was not much information in terms of wedding. The castle of knights in chicopee is an option but I was looking/hoping for a place I could do the ceremony and reception all in one. Mount Holyoke, The Mill on the River, Ludlow County club ( backup choice) are all 80pp and under for entree, fees and open bar. I am also looking at Salem Cross Inn which could be a maybe but prices are too complicated to fiqure out online.

• edited December 2011
    did you try log cabin's off site catering? they have pretty good prices. we came in for about 54 a head without a bar.
    edited December 2011
    Futluz2: Do you mean hire them in terms of catering at another venue site?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards