Massachusetts

Rob Alberti AfterHours DJ...ever use him?

I met Rob at a wedding expo and was really impressed with his sales pitch. Have any of you knotties hired him or been to a wedding he did?

I'm also open to other suggestions for local DJs!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rob Alberti AfterHours DJ...ever use him?

• edited December 2011
    I personally don't like him. I talked to him on the phone when I was looking fro a DJ and he just seemed full of himself. I went with a different company and everyone had a blast!
    www.stephandj.com
    We told them we were doing a Irish wedding and they pulled through with getting us Irish Dancers. They really know how to make your wedding awesome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I used After Hours DJ Entertainment from Enfield, CT.  Very different company than the other one you mentioned.  My sister is also using them for her wedding later this year they were outstanding and a great price.  Their website is www.afterhoursdj.com/">www.afterhoursdj.com.  Talk to Bert or Vinie they were by far my best vendor.  Good luck s/n

• edited December 2011
    They were horrible here is a review of my wedding experiance with them....

We had booked this service for our wedding on 08/21/10. When we met with the DJ to finalize our agreement everything seemed awesome and we both liked what we heard, we had booked him for a 5 hour wedding with a basic lighting kit package. Half of our family is polish and it was extremely important that the DJ played polish music along with all of the other songs through out the night. The DJ said that would be no problem thats he has done numerous polish weddings and that he'd play appox two fast songs then a slow song and would mix in polish songs. After we left the meeting he handed us a "worksheet" to fill what songs we wanted for the processional, recessional, flower toss etc... and any songs that we wanted to be played specificly during the night. We spent quite some time over the next few weeks choosing the music that we wanted played at the wedding including names of polish bands and artists that we wanted played to help outLike I said everything seemed great until the wedding day. The DJ showed up with out the lighting kit that we agreed on with the DJ package. He had butchered almost all of my groomsmens last names even thought about 2 mintues before he announced them he came over to them to ask how to pronounce them. For one of my groomsmen he only said the first three letters of his last name! He didn't even look at the "worksheet" that we filled out for him. He had to come up to us numerous times to ask what song he should play next and he didn't even have some of the songs really and had to search for them. He barely played any polish songs during the whole event the one he did play was a polish christmas song. The only time he played polish music was after I asked him numerous times during the night and eventually I got extremely mad and yelled at him and then he finally played it but by that time there was only 15-20 mins left to the night. He didnt even follow the two fast songs one slow song pattern that he told us that he would. We had plenty of people at the wedding that didn't even get to dance and had come up to me saying the DJ service was horrible. My own father did not even get up to dance because of the music that the DJ was playing the whole night. I can go on forever about what went wrong with this DJ service. I am extremely disapointed in their service especially what they charge for it. An Ipod play list would of worked a lot better than this DJ. If your looking for a middle school or high school dance DJ this service may work for you BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMMENDED THEM TO ANYONE FOR YOUR WEDDING. I feel embrassed that we have hired this service to entertain my family. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SERVICE LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE.
  • robalbertirobalberti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, it's Rob from Rob Alberti's Event Services - yes, we had a bad review from this client - she did not mention that we offer a 100% money back guarantee and that we did not accept any $ from her due to her complaint.

We have been awarded The Knot's Best of Weddings 2 years and Wedding Wire's awards for 2 years as well due to all of the great feedback.  We are the only area DJ that was asked to work with the likes of David Tutera from My Fair Wedding.

One bad review does not make a bad DJ company - we have 15 entertainers to choose from.
  • robalbertirobalberti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have no record of a Jen & Philip for a May 22, 2010 wedding.  Rob Alberti's After Hours DJ never quoted your wedding nor did we ever talk.  My guess this is another DJ pretending to be a bride and posting incorrect statements..

Please check out our blog to see what we have been up to and for more client reviews:  http://www.robalberti.com/blog/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards