Massachusetts

Inexpensive Wedding Venues in MA?

Hello Ladies,
I'm looking for some help in finding affordable/inexpensive wedding venues in MA (it does not need to be limited to just Western MA) or even souther NH.  Estimated guest list stands at 120 right now.  We would prefer to hold the ceremony and reception at the same site.  Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance! =)
-Christa

Re: Inexpensive Wedding Venues in MA?

• edited December 2011
    Look Park In Northampton, Its really pretty there also. The Kinghts of Colombus In Chicopee, theres actually 2 of them, both inexpensive in comparison.
  • edited December 2011
    the Hudson Porteguese Club is great.  We're just doing the reception there, but I know they offer an option to have the ceremony there as well. 
  • edited December 2011
    Also try the Red Barn at Hampshire College, if you are open to something on the rustic side. 
  • edited December 2011
    although you can't hold the reception there, Amelia Gardens (Amelia Park) in Westfield is beautiful and free (they do take donations).  Also, Stanley Park, and the Westwood Restaurant and Pub.  If you come up with any others, please let me know.  We are shopping long distance for our venues right now!  Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HockeyFan4HockeyFan4 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Leicester Country Club in Leicester, MA is really nice!  They have a HUUUUGE ballroom and the prices seemed really reasonable.  We passed because it would be too far for most of our guests to travel.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our ceremony and reception in the beveridge pavilion at stanley park... and we LOVED it
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing ours at The Coachmen's Lodge in Bellingham,MA. Their prices are very reasonable, and they have a beautiful outdoor wedding site with a gazeebo and small pond.
  • edited December 2011
    The coachmens lodge? Ive eaten there before and i was wondering if they charge extra to have your ceremony there and also how much do they charge to rent their space? thank You
  • edited December 2011
    Blissful Meadows Country Club in Uxbridge was the most inexpensive place my fiancee and I looked at when we were deciding on a venue.  We went with Zukas Hilltop Barn in Spencer, MA.  Both places were nice.  You may want to check them out :)
  • KLynne12KLynne12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For those that got married in Stanley Park, did they allow you to bring in alcohol?
  • edited December 2011
    The Old Derby Academy is Hingham is only $100 hr and lets you bring your own caterer. 

Corinthian Hall in Melrose is also GORGEOUS and is only $1,000 flat. It includes the tables, chiavari chairs, coordinator etc. 

I still don't know where I'm getting married and it's driving me nuts lol. 

Also I love Topsfield Commons but I don't know if I can afford it. It's $4200 for a sat and $2500 sun fri 
    Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • I was looking at stanley park but it said no alcohol. Do they let you for weddings?

• edited May 2013
    I recently got engaged, My family nor  my fiance and I are in a financial place to have the wedding we have always dreamed of. Looking for inexpensive venus in the North Shore, Central MA locations as well as even southern NH. Thank You in advance ladies!
  • The Asa House and historical barn is only $1500 for then entire property from 9am-11pm and lower rates if you're only using one its in Holliston MA
  • http://santarella.us/

Also Hampshire College Red Barn
  • Pleasant Valley Country Club in Sutton has a beautiful on-site ceremony location and the ballroom is completely workable with some decor and chair rentals/covers. The buffet menu is VERY reasonable and the chef will work with you to provide some alterate options to the standard offerings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second Blissful Meadow gold club in uxbridge. The planner there is very nice and super helpful! I think we might have our wedding here!

Also, The Hawthorne Hotel in Salem MA (not sure how far you want to travel) doesn't have a rental fee, but the food runs about 50 per head. The food includes a coordinator, basic linens, overnight stay, and a bunch of other stuff too though! I am trying to work with them now to see if I can arrange anthing cheaper for a brunch wedding.

Indian Ranch in Webster MA is super reasonable, one of my friends just got married there. Its a bit country though...not sure what style you are looking for, nonetheless very pretty and rustic.

Good luck!

• If central Ma will work for you, we have 2 really affordable venues near me, The PACC in Gardner and Kamaloht in Templeton. Both pretty halls and easy to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards