Massachusetts
Options

Rustic Barn Wedding Venue Help!

My fiance and I love vintage and antiques and have decided to go with that as our theme for our wedding. I was at a bridal shower for a friend and it was held at her aunt's xmas tree farm, which has a small barn like building. It was too small to accomodate our wedding (not that much space) but i fell in love with that idea for a venue. I would love to have xmas tree lights on the beams, and much more. Can anyone help me out? THankis!!!

Re: Rustic Barn Wedding Venue Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi you.  You should try the Red Barn at Hampshire College in Amherst Mass.  The number should be on their website if you google the red barn, hampshire college.  It's literally a big red barn lol.  My fiance and I are looking at it on Thursday and I've been to weddings there and it rocks… check it out.  Good luck!  ~Rachel  :)  
  • Options
    wcjulie27wcjulie27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the Red Barn at Hampshire as it is just a few miles away from our house.  We didn't book it as the dates and times available didn't match what we wanted.  The ceremony is outside in an open field with cocktails on a deck (pay extra to get the canopy!!) and reception is inside.  The inside is a blank slate and they let you decorate it anyway you want.  If you go Red barn get your cake from Atkins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Red Barn two weeks ago, it holds up to 120, I would highly recommend it!   Other barn/rustic options are Zuca's Hilltop Barn in Spencer or Salem Crofts Inn.  Happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Blissful Meadows in Uxbridge, MA has The Chestnut Room which is a historic, Victorian barn with the origianl exposed chestnut beams.  I am getting married there in October. Their website is www.blissfulmeadows.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 image Invited guests
    73image Will be celebrating with us!
    81 image Would rather look at our wedding photo album and/or video
    3 image Making me wait

RSVP Date September 18, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Longfellow's Wayside Inn in Sudbury is really nice....check it out:

http://www.wayside.org/
  • Options
    MysteryDahliaMysteryDahlia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This may not be what you're looking for, but it might be worth your while to check it out.  It's not a rustic barn, but it's a super funky venue in Goshen:

http://threesisterssanctuary.com/

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married at The Ranch Golf Course in Southwick, MA.  It is amazing and can accommodate up to 180 guests.  The event coordinator Maria is unbelievably helpful and always eager to please.  I wasn't sure if a golf course would be a good place for a reception but, if you're looking for great food and a rustic barn look I would definatly suggest checking it out.  I hope this helps!

http://www.theranchgolfclub.com/functions.php

• Options
    I'm looking for the same type of venue and am considering the Barn at Hampshire College as well. I've also found the Race Brook Lodge in the Berkshires - which looks really cool. Check it out.  

The barn looks great - lots of light, etc. 
  • Options
    I wanted a barn as well and found Quonquont Farm in Whately, MA. It is a beautiful refinished barn with a kitchen/bathrooms that can fit up to 200 guests, has a patio and beautiful views, and you can even get married in the orchards! They are fairly new so not as well known yet

• Options
    Im using Quonquont Farm as well very pretty.
  • Options
    I second the Red Barn at Hampshire.  I was married there in '03 and loved it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards