April 2014 Weddings
Options

GTKY: April 2014 Edition

So this is going to be a bit of a P&R because I'm heading out for the day soon but I thought I'd put this up so that we can get to know each other a little bit more!

1. How did you and FI meet?
2. How long have you been together/how long have you been engaged?
3. Why did you choose April 2014?
4. What do you do for a living?
5. Any furbabies? (This question requires pictures! Haha)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Re: GTKY: April 2014 Edition

• Options
    Since I started it I should probably answer too, haha.

We met while in Teacher's College but didn't get together until well after we were done and working in the summer.

This August will be 4 year together and we've been engaged since January 2012.

We wanted to be able to host all of our families and friends so we planned on a 2 year engagement to be able to save the money we will need to do that.

I am currently an Occasional Teacher which is just a fancy name for a supply teacher. FI is a teacher as well, he's got a contract this year and is teaching a split grade.

No furbabies as of yet Frown but one day I'll have a lop-eared bunny!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    We met through a guy I was casually seeeing at the time actually.  We all became mutual friends.  

In June we will be together for 4 years and we will have been engaged for 2 years in June as well.

We are paying for the wedding ourselves so we wanted to give ourselves enough time to save for everything.  We started planning at exactly two years out (we waited to plan for about 8 months after being engaged because we wanted to enjoy our engagement before becoming completely overtaken with wedding details LOL).

I am a teacher, trying to get into a Public School District, so for right now I'm teaching Pre-K in a private preschool.  FI is in Video Production and works as a conference coordinator for a webcasting company.

No furbabies but we are looking into getting one when we get our apartment.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We met at a house party of mutual friends in 2003, during my first year (or should I say freshman year?!, I'm English!) of University
    We officially got together in 2008 (after 5 of years of being 'just friends'), and he proposed on our 4 year anniversary back in November
    I had been planning on a Vegas to San Francisco road trip for my 30th birthday in March 2014, but when we started talking about wedding plans we soon decided that getting married in Vegas would be an amazing idea. Had to move it to April so that family/friends who work in schools would be able to attend during the Easter holiday (oops, vacation!).
    I am a research officer in a University, doing research in Health Psychology, but am soon going to be applying for a lecturer job.
    Unfortunately not, if we were allowed to have pets in our apartment I would probably have at least 2 cats!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Options
    Met sophomore year of college (he was the worst upstairs neighbor ever!)...didn't start dating until a few days before graduation.
    Together nearly 6 years, engaged since Christmas
    A combination of cost savings (April being a less expensive month than May or June) and the hopes that we can still have some good weather for an outdoor ceremony.
    HR for a pharmaceutical company
    Yes, here is a picture of me and our little baby bunny Wrinkles! We've had her for just about a year...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok here I go
    1)We met originally in high school.  We had a lot of mutual friends but didnt spend a lot of time together until years later when both our best freinds were engaged to each other.  Funny enough he lived around the corner from me the whole time.
    2)We have been together a little over 3 years and July 1st will make one year since we were engaged.
    3)We chose April 2014 for a bunch of reasons.  I wanted to do it before my 30th birthday which is October 2014 so that eliminated OCt, NOV and Dec.  I didnt want to do the summer or months were it was likely to snow so that took out jan, feb, mar, june, july and aug.  That leaves us with April or May or sep.  April 24, 2014 would have been my grandfathers 90th birthday and he and I were very close.  I went with the closest weekend date to his birthday.  We waited till 2014 because we are paying for most of it ourselves.
    4)I am an assistant manager in a jewelry store.  I love it! I get to help people pick out their engagement rings all the time.  That is the best part. My FI is a NYC bus driver and a member of the army national guard.
    5)We have 2 furbabies.  We have a 10 year old grey cat named Nero and an almost 1 year old cat named Bear.  Sorry no pics on my computer.  I just got my digital camera and I havent uploaded any pics yet.  I love my babies soooooooo much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    1. How did you and FI meet?We met at church youth group in junior high school, we have known each other for over 12 years! My friend brought me to his church youth group, where FH happened to go. We met and were friends for 3 years before we started dating.2. How long have you been together/how long have you been engaged?We have been together almost 9 years, we started dating when I was 15 and he was 14! I can't believe it has been that long! We have been engaged a little over a year.3. Why did you choose April 2014?We wanted to save money and we really aren't in a rush clearly haha We are still young, I am 24 and he is 23. We want to buy a house before the wedding and so decided 2014 would be perfect for us.4. What do you do for a living?I work for an insurance company, but just started grad school to become a teacher :)5. Any furbabies? (This question requires pictures! Haha) No, but we want a dog once we get a house!
  • Options
    We met while he was visiting a friend that lived in my dorm during my first year of college
    We've been together almost 4 years and have known each other for 5!
    April 11th is our anniversary and it happened to land on a Friday in 2014
    I'm an assistant manager at a restaurant while in school to be an English teacher
    We have 3! Susie, Cutie, and Chubbs haha

This is Cutie and Ty, hanging out

This is Susie, our first furbaby :] (Sorry it's sideways!)

And this is the newest addition Chubbs! He's still a pup pup and so tired in this picture!

• Options
    Oh goodness they are all so cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_gtky-april-2014-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:70750782-c336-433a-8d5d-853cc7ef168dPost:ae19652d-30bc-489a-bf0b-79d37794415d">Re: GTKY: April 2014 Edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh goodness they are all so cute!
    Posted by MaryGraceRich[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Im so new to this and was very surprised to see a specfic board for April 2014!! But I love it!

Work. He has swag so I told him. He gave me his number the next day!
    We've been together almost 2 years and we just got engaged Dec. 21 2012!
    April, 7 2014 <3 We are having a destination wedding (Playa Del Carmen, Mexico) and we wanted the teachers in our family to be able to come with us...so Spring Break 2014 it is!
    I am a Chef, studying to be an Occupational Therapist. My FI is a Distribution analyist (business man)
    One baby! Kona will be 3 this April! She's the sweetest American Bulldog

• Options
    In a kickball league!   Mutual friends of our started a team and the rest is history!

We have been together for 6 years this January and engaged since September 2012.

We are trying to pay for the majority of the wedding ourselves, so this gave us more time to save.   Also, we were able to get our first choice of vendors since we booked some so early.  

I am an accounting manager and my FI works for a pharm company.

Our little muffin Cooper!  He is much bigger now :)

• Options

We met through my ex-husband. lol.
    2. How long have you been together/how long have you been engaged

We have known each other about 10 years, together for 4

So we can save up, we want our wedding to be all inclusive for our family and guests.

I am a SAHM and he is retired.
     WE have 2 disabled dogs, Angus and Roxy,
     2 Guinea Pigs, Spook and Bugsy...
    and we also  have 4 human kids,  Boy 12, Girl 8, Boy 2, girl 1. Smile
  • Options
    We met though my cousin at their friend's pool party on 7/7/07

Officially together since New Year's Day 2008.  We got engaged late last April.

One of the first songs he sang to me was a song called "214".  We didn't want a winter wedding so we flipped the number around to get 4/12, which happened to fall on a Saturday in 2014.  He also pointed out that if you add the numbers in the month and date and add the numbers in the year, you get 7/7 - the day we met.

I'm a registered nurse in NJ.  He's an IT manager in NYC.

None together anyway.  He's determined to get a golder retriever after we're married though...lol
  • Options
    We met in college, doing amateur and then later semi-professional improv. It turned out we were both from the same hometown, and even went to the same doctors when we were kids! :)

We've been together since 2010, but were good friends for a couple of years before that. We got engaged on 3/2/13...only 23 days ago!

This is such a silly reason...but we both love it. He kissed me first on 10/11/10 and our engagement was on 3/2/13, so we really liked the pattern. 4/5/14 was the only date that fit that was also a Saturday! It's silly, but also it means a lot to us. We can laugh and feel good about it.

I'm currently a private tutor, saving up to go to medical school in July of 2014. He is a software engineer.

Not yet!! As with JunX3in14, we want a golden retriever sooner rather than later. I can't even handle the cuteness of those puppies...but it's going to be tough with me in medical school so we're seeing how it goes. :)
  • Options
    We met at college. Freshman year just started. While at lunch in the cafeteria, this upper classman would always stare at me as I walked by ;)  He finally got the courage to introduce himself and ask me out.
    We have been together since September 2009. Just engaged not even a week ago! lol. 
    We did pick May 3rd but changed it because the venue we found will be 1000 dollars cheaper so we picked April 12th. They don't change the prices until the day after Easter and Easter ends up not being until April 20th next year. LUCKY!
    In school about to graduate with my bachelors and then will be going to esthetician
    school.
    My baby girl, Lily.

• Options
    1. How did you and FI meet? We met at a bar downtown. Coincidentally some of my friends knew some of his, which we didn't find out until later.
    2. How long have you been together/how long have you been engaged? We've been together since February 2012 & engaged since March 2013.
    3. Why did you choose April 2014? We wanted to get married Fall 2013, but with two of my best friends getting married in October & December, we decided to wait. April seemed like a good time weather-wise, so April it was!
    4. What do you do for a living? I work for a nonprofit coordinating community advocacy efforts.
    5. Any furbabies? (This question requires pictures! Haha) We have a 4 year old Golden Retriever, Piper, who is the sweetest & most skittish dog I've ever known!

• Options
    wiki8wiki8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    Hi ladies! New to the board! I posted a while ago asking opinions about April 19 (Saturday before Easter) as a possible wedding date! Well, we thought about it too long, and then it was taken! So we decided to just do April 12. I wish you all luck in planning, and can't wait to get to know you more!

1. How did you and FI meet? We met through mutual friends, and were friends for a few years before we started dating.
    2. How long have you been together/how long have you been engaged? We started dating in April of 2012, and got engaged on our anniversary in 2013.
    3. Why did you choose April 2014? We liked it because it has a lot of significant meaning to us (our anniversary of dating and engaged) and also because it is off season, and saving a little money doesn't hurt!
    4. What do you do for a living? To add to question number 3, I am a teacher and we needed to work around a vacation! We are both summer babys, and didn't want to do it during the summer for that reason.
    5. Any furbabies? (This question requires pictures! Haha) Yes!! Our adorable, spoiled Boston Terrier named Kiwi!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    1. How did you and FI meet? We met in our college age Sunday School class 2. How long have you been together/how long have you been engaged? He proposed on our 3 year anniversary so about two weeks or so... 3. Why did you choose April 2014? He wanted a year engagement so that we werent stressing THAT much. 4. What do you do for a living? I'm in customer service and he's part owner in his family's landscaping business. 5. Any furbabies? This question requires pictures! Haha Haha. No we don't but i have kids from previously.
  • Options
    Hi all!  I've apparently not included my GTKY post yet.  Oops!

1. How did you and FI meet?  He used to date my good friend.  Now he doesn't.  We were basically in the same group of high school friends, but didn't start dating until after college
    2. How long have you been together/how long have you been engaged?  We've been together 5.5 years and have been engaged since February 2014 (so like, 2 months)
    3. Why did you choose April 2014?  We wanted Mar/Apr and April worked best for our venue because it's outside so the grass might actually be green in April :)
    4. What do you do for a living?  I'm a teacher.  I teach biology at the college level.  AND LOVE IT.
    5. Any furbabies? (This question requires pictures! Haha)  Nope.  I'm also allergic to cats.  I'm boring :)

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! Excited to see all of the other April wedding gals!

1. How did you and FI meet? We actually met in college but we didn't start dating until a few years after college. We have a lot of mutual friends and we reconnected at a BBQ a few years ago. 

2. How long have you been together/how long have you been engaged? We've been together for about 2 1/2 years. We got engaged January 11 this year!

3. Why did you choose April 2014? We both knew we didn't want a summer wedding because last year it was so hot at two of the weddings we went to. His birthday is in the fall so we figured spring would be perfect. Our date is April 26, right before the official start of wedding season!
    4. What do you do for a living? I teach special ed at an elementary school!

5. Any furbabies? (This question requires pictures! Haha) We have our puggle. His name is Biggie Smalls!

• Options
    clg1213clg1213 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We met at a NYE party. We'd talked earlier but it kicked up when I saw him giving the host a shoulder rub (she had him do it b/c they were trying to hook him and another girl up and wanted to add in that he gives good massage)...I said "Hey, no fair!" and he said "You're next."  My back rub lasted 2 hours!  The next night we hung out at the same friend's home and the girls asked what was up.....I said "Well, we barely spoke so I don't know if we even get along, but there's definitely chemistry!"   I had also asked the host to invite a boy for a midnight kiss to the NYE party....I didn't get my midnight kiss, but got one about 20h later.

We actually lived about 2m away from each other growing up but didn't meet till we were in our 30s.  I am 9m older and was a year ahead in HS....but my class had 800+ kids and his 1000, so it isn't surprisng we didn't meet (oddly, another classmate whom neither of us knew then is a BM).

We use 1/1/2010 as our "dating anniversary" date.  We got engaged in Feb '12.

I was pushing 10/13.  We were debating over two venues...I got "my" venue, so gave him "his" month.

I've worked as a large-firm attorney and in recruiting but cannot work now due to health issues (I spent 22h/day lying down and he STILL puts up with me).  FI is in a full-time position with the PA AIr National Guard

We are both super allergic.  But we have Finbabies (i.e. fish)!  Seven danios, three cory catfish, and one albino african clawed frog...he started the size of a quarter (we were NOT warned that he will get to 5"...he's about 2" now)....he lives in the water 100% of the time but goes to the surface to breathe air.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alyssaglanealyssaglane member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Here ya go! :-)

We were actually introduced by my step-sister.

It will be 4 years this June and we have been engaged since April.

We were just looking for something a year out and the venue we wanted offered us a good deal for April :P

Lab Tech

5. Any furbabies?
    Yes! 2 cats, love them so much!
  • Options
    A friend set us up (he know it was a set up, I didn't)

Our 2 year anniversary was last month. Engaged 2 weeks

It's not as hot in April in SC, and our dating anniversary is 4/15, so 4/5 was close enough

I'm a Financial Analyst, he's a Mechanical Engineer

I wish. I had an english springer spaniel but my ex bf got to keep him :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Last semester of my undergrad and his graduate! My friend had dated his roommate and we all went out together one night (the most fun night of my entire college career!) and we've been together since that very first night :)

It's been 2 years. Engaged since December.

We both like fall best but decided on a spring wedding to help save a little more. Also, we are planning from out of state and thought we might need the extra time.

I work in application support for an electronic health record company and he does strength and human performance research/testing for the military.

Meet Penelope..our recently-turned 1 year old catahoula/hound mix. (We fight for the love and attention of FI, I think she's jealous I actually get to marry him haha!)
  • Options
    kking1982kking1982 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013
    At a 4th of July party many years ago that was hosted by his Aunt.

We have been dating three years.

I wanted an outdoor wedding, but my Finacee does not handle the heat well. Plus our venue will have TONS of azaleas in full bloom in the srping.

Oh my! We have 3 lare dogs, six cats, 2 sugar gliders, and fish. I will see if I can get together some pictures of everyone.
  • Options

We met when I moved into a houseshare in Liverpool 2008, he was already living there.

Next week we will have been together 5 years (where did the time go?!) and been engaged since Christmas 2012.

I love spring and flowers.
    It's cheaper.
    It's less busy.
    It's usually just rain rain rain in summer here so April seemed safer (although British weather is never predictable so it's always a risk).
    We are getting married on Easter Monday bank holiday but being charged midweek price not bank holiday price.

I am a school nurse. My husband to be is by trade a very talented 3D animator however the company he worked for went under in the recession. He is now a Student Finance Officer at a London university. I'm so proud of how he is working his way into another industry, he is such a hard worker.

We have an adorable roborovski hamster called Bumble. Because of where we live and renting we can't have any other pets but one day I will have a golden retriever and he will have a cat and a Pomeranian dog!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @wiki8 Such a cute pup! Our Biggie is spoiled rotten, but he's our baby for now so of course he is :-)
  • Options
    wiki8wiki8 member
    @laurendanidini Thanks! It's so easy to spoil them, isn't it??
  • Options
    wiki8wiki8 member
    Lauren I just saw your picture with the sign! So adorable!!
  • Options
        Lance and I met on Match.com.  I had recently moved to San Antonio and only knew my family.  I saw he profile, he was really cute, we had similar interests and he had great taste in music.  He emailed me back and asked me out a couple of days later.  He has been my best friend ever since.  I always thought it was cheesy when women would call their SO their best friend until I met Lance.  Now I understand!
         Our first date was March 8, 2008.  He proposed July 20, 2013 at my 40th birthday party.
         He is a ticket broker so we have to work around football season.  I wanted to get married in March but this year final four is in Dallas the first weekend of April so he can't get away until mid April.  We are getting married in Vegas and did not want to go when it was blazing hot so April 19th it is!!
         Currently I am a cardiovascular sonographer however I am starting a Master's or PhD (hopefully!!) program in psychology September 2014 and will be a full time student.
       Three!!  We have 2 Chihuahuas, Paco and Pixie, and a yorkie, CoCo Chanel. 
    002.jpg 83.7K
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards