April 2014 Weddings

Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!!

Re: Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!!

• Hi I am Theresa 33 and my fiance is Zack 28 and we are from New York City, New York. We are getting married in the Catskill Mountains (new york) nd are having a very rustic themed wedding. We are getting married April 27th 2014!!!
    I ordered my turquiose cowboy boots!!!!

We were going to do this next year, but financially we couldnt swing it and we are also looking to buy a house :)

Has anyone started the guest list yet??? I am debating on inviting children.

Good luck to everyone!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_getting-to-know-each-other-april-2010-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:729d1026-66fc-47ce-ba91-9f2e32bf5144Post:7b7b3238-574b-402f-96f6-72b3b0fae9f5">Re: Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Has anyone started the guest list yet??? I am debating on inviting children. Good luck to everyone!!!
    Posted by theresa1879[/QUOTE]

No kiddies at my wedding except the ones in the bridal party.
    White Knot
    June '13 January siggy Honeymoon Destination
    Indian Head Resort White Mountains New Hampshire
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So looking forward to getting to know you all over the next year & 10 months (ish) :)

Congratulations to you all!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_getting-to-know-each-other-april-2010-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:729d1026-66fc-47ce-ba91-9f2e32bf5144Post:5914143a-bf49-4dbf-862d-004cde03f24c">Re: Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!! : Congratulations! Also, wedding date twins!
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

Yayy for wedding date twins!!!!
  • Hello everyone, I'm a little late for the topic but I had to join, my name is Davashae but my friends n family call me shae my fiancé name is dywone. I am 19 years old and my fiancé is 21, we met through friends and have not been apart since we are getting married April 9 2014 that is the day we met. I have the place picked out still working on the bridesmaids and the dresses. I am overly exicted to see and hear everyone's story and there big dreams for the big day..
  • Hi! My name is Britney I'm 26 and glad I finally found some April 2014 girls!! People think I'm crazy when I say were hoping to get married on our 5 year anniversary which is 4-22-14!!  Seems so far away but I know it will be here before we know it!! Fiance (Dylan) and I live together in southern CA and are trying to keep it cheap, MAX being $8,000 and even then, that's killin' us... we would much rather save for a house!! Been engaged 3 months and have already done tons of researching... how are you guys keeping costs down?
    Britney
  •  Hi, I'm Christine. I think I've blown everyone out of the water in terms of age here--I'm 40 now and will be 42 when Jeremy and I get married April 19, 2014. (Jeremy is currently 37.) April 19 is the sixth anniversary of the day we met, and we already celebrate that day anyway. :) We're in Raleigh, NC and are planning a destination wedding in the Outer Banks.

This is Jeremy's second wedding, but my first. We're also nowhere near traditional, and our wedding will definitely reflect that. I am pretty sure I'm not going to be wearing a white dress, for one. Looking forward to being part of this board!
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_getting-to-know-each-other-april-2010-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:729d1026-66fc-47ce-ba91-9f2e32bf5144Post:25677f5b-c5fb-4f49-b78e-fd1f034603f3">Re: Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! My name is Britney I'm 26 and glad I finally found some April 2014 girls!! People think I'm crazy when I say were hoping to get married on our 5 year anniversary which is 4-22-14!!  Seems so far away but I know it will be here before we know it!! Fiance (Dylan) and I live together in southern CA and are trying to keep it cheap, MAX being $8,000 and even then, that's killin' us... we would much rather save for a house!! Been engaged 3 months and have already done tons of researching... <strong>how are you guys keeping costs down</strong>?
    Posted by BizzleB[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Welcome and congratulations!</div><div>
    </div><div>Some of the ways we are reducing costs (we plan to spend between $6,000 and $7,000):</div><div>
    </div><div><ul><li>One venue for ceremony and reception</li><li>Venue has a lot included free when you meet minimums (tables, chairs, linens, glassware, sound system, lighting, projector screen, stage, already well decorated, day of coordinator, day of sound tech...)</li><li>Marrying on a Sunday for low minimums (spending about $3000 on food and beverages)</li><li>Marrying mid-day (about 2:30 or 3:00, with appetizer and cake reception)</li><li>Keeping guest list to about 80 people</li><li>Not going to spend more than $500 on wedding dress</li><li>Making our own non-floral center pieces</li><li>Friend will officiate</li><li>Have friends who dj that will do it for free/cheap</li><li>Have a friend who does wedding photography, will purchase cheap package from her with CD of our photos and print them ourselves for cheaper</li><li>Low cost invitations and no programs</li><li>Online RSVP</li><li>Skipping some traditions (no flower girl, ring bearer, bouquet toss, garter toss, champagne toast, rehearsal dinner, etc.)</li></ul></div><div>
    </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_getting-to-know-each-other-april-2010-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:729d1026-66fc-47ce-ba91-9f2e32bf5144Post:7b7b3238-574b-402f-96f6-72b3b0fae9f5">Re: Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone started the guest list yet??? I am debating on inviting children. Good luck to everyone!!!
    Posted by theresa1879[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>No kids at our wedding except my friend whose in the wedding daughter.she lives in Australia and her parents are invited so no one to watch the baby

</div>
  • Hi!  I'm Erika.  My FI Josh and I have just decided on April 2014 for our wedding, but haven't decided upon a date yet.  I'm 28 and Josh is 30, and after dating for a little over four years, we got engaged last November.  FI and I live together in Northern NJ. We would like to keep our budget low, even though we do live in one of the most expensive places to have a wedding.  I will definitely keep RWS2011's list of budget-saving ideas in mind!  

I'm a teacher by day, grad student by night (and summer).  FI has kindly asked me to obstain from any wedding planning until I finish grad school, but after some negiotations I'm allowed to do "a little" wedding planning between when my summer courses end (Aug 8) and the school year begins (Aug 27).

Let the planning begin!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited July 2012
    Hello I'm Lindsey! My Fiance's name is Zach and we got engaged July 8, 2012 on our 4 year anniversary. We are having our wedding on April 12th 2014. We right now are both 18 but then we will be 20. We live around Dallas, TX and not living together yet. We decided to have our wedding on this day because of a funny coincidence.. my parents got married the 4th of April and my Grandparents the 8th.. and we will be the 12th. Four days in between each other. We originally thought July 2014, but it will be hot here in TX. April is a beautiful month here! He will be graduated from college then, he is going to be an automotive and diesel technician and I am studying to be an RN. 
    I am already planning our wedding because it's never too early with the budgeting. Things are expensive these days! I am soo excited. :) 

Nice to meet you all and hear your stories! 
    Lindsey D. marrying love of my life 7.8.2013. Baby #1 on the way mid-October! (:
  • Hey Ladies, 

My name is Jeannette and my Fiance's name is Lazaro, we currently looking to get married April 26, 2012. We live in Miami, Florida. My Fiance and I got engaged on February 11, 2012 in beautiful Colorado. We are actually leaving next week to Colorado to take our engagement pictures! We are very excited. I know it might seem like all of our weddings are still far but guess what time flies! and before you know it we will be walking dow the aisle! AAAA! so exciting! 

I look forward to getting to know all of you and wish you the best of luck in planning your wedding!Laughing

• Hi Everyone!  I'm brand new to the boards!!

I just set our wedding date on Monday... it's April 27, 2014!  I see I have a few wedding twins!  YAY!  My name's Maureen and my fiance's name is Chris.  We live in the North DFW area.  We were engaged in August at Disney World (on Main Street in Magic Kingdom - he definitely gets bonus points!).  I am going to DIY a lot to save money so I'm looking forward to hearing ideas!
  • Hi everyone, My name is Kim and my fiance's name is Jonathan. We live in Cali , we've been dating for 6yrs and he recently proposed on my bday in September. We plan to wed April 26, 2014 and our colors are going to be Coral/Cream/Grey. I am in a head spin right now dealing with committing to a date, listeing to everyones different ideas, worrying about wedding finances all while trying to enjoy being engaged!!! lol If any of you are from the LA area I would love any decently priced recommendations for venues. Congrats to you all!
  • Hi all, 

I'm getting married August 16,2014.

All the best,

LA

• Greetings B2B,

I am Keneshie and my fiance is Edward. We have been dating since 2009. He asked me to marry him August of this year. We have set the wedding dates as April 5, 2014. We both live in Baton Rouge, La for which this is his place of birth. I am from Bastrop, La. The engagement party will be held in Baton Rouge and the wedding/reception will be held in Bastrop. My venue for the wedding and reception are in one place....my aunt's beautiful and expansive backyard. Our colors are purple and grey with white as an accent. I too am excited for the lengthy time to plan. I want to enjoy the process even though I know it can be very hectic. I write poems and other "pretty words" for weddings and have been involved in several and so I am very thankful for 1 year 7 months etc. etc.

Godspeed and blessings to us all.

Keneshie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_getting-to-know-each-other-april-2010-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:729d1026-66fc-47ce-ba91-9f2e32bf5144Post:9c499845-bc32-440f-aec2-f15403d996c1">Re: Getting To Know Each Other- April 2014 Brides!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Greetings B2B, I am Keneshie and my fiance is Edward. We have been dating since 2009. He asked me to marry him August of this year. We have set the wedding dates as April 5, 2014. We both live in Baton Rouge, La for which this is his place of birth. I am from Bastrop, La. The engagement party will be held in Baton Rouge and the wedding/reception will be held in Bastrop. My venue for the wedding and reception are in one place....my aunt's beautiful and expansive backyard. Our colors are purple and grey with white as an accent. I too am excited for the lengthy time to plan. I want to enjoy the process even though I know it can be very hectic. I write poems and other "pretty words" for weddings and have been involved in several and so I am very thankful for 1 year 7 months etc. etc. Godspeed and blessings to us all. Keneshie
    Posted by mskeneshie[/QUOTE]

<div>Congrats!  I'm newly engaged too!  We're using the same colors so maybe we can share some ideas!!</div>
  • Hello Ladies! My name is Sommer and my husband is Roger. We are planning a "I Do, Take Two". He talked me into running off to Vegas to get married 11 years ago and I now he is giving me the wedding I have always wanted. I keep saying that I'm not a bride but everyone in the wedding industry keeps saying that I am so ill just go with it. Like many others, I am too excited to wait and plan. I am now considered a wedding planner addict. When I first started planning, I was going to wait to book anything then I found out that booking further out makes it easier financially since some places do payment plans and it also guarantees that you get the venue, people and date you want. I have already booked my venue which is a historic mansion with a reflection pool and gorgeous gardens. I'm glad that I did because they are already booked for 2013. The only other thing that I have is our wedding coordinator. I met her at a wedding show and we just clicked. Plus, I only pay her $52 a month up to the wedding. Another benefit of far out planning. I have started buying a few things when I see them on sale such as lanterns to line the cobblestone driveway and a few vases that I plan on having with floating candles. Besides that, it's all research. Lol. My mother is flying up to D.C where I live for Thanksgiving which is when we are going dress shopping. I like Maggie Sottero and David Tutera dresses which I heard can take up to 10 months to get. I look forward to chatting with everyone and sharing some great ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Everyone!
      I feel like I am a little late to the party with all of these posts from months ago.
      My name is Mary-Grace and I am 28 and from Staten ISland NY.  I am engaged to RIch.  He is 30 years old.  I work in a jewelry store and he is a NYC bus operator and National Guardsman.  We me in high school but didnt really become friends until our best friends started dating and became engaged.  We have been together for almost three years.  We were engaged on JUly first before an Aerosmith concert.  We are a little more rock and roll than most so we are adding tiny edgy touches to our 4/25/14. Wedding.  We are having a motorcycle cake topper and save the dates.  We are entering the reception to crazy train by Ozzy and are using dark purple and slate grey as our colors.  To be a tiny bit more funky the guys will be wearing super hero cufflinks and possibly converse sneakers.
    I want to hear more about your weddings as plans are made!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Congrats ladies. Hey I'm Nikki I'm 21 y/o and brand new to the site and I'm engaged to my 22 y/o FI, Paul. He proposed to me last week and we have begun the rough planning of our wedding. Although we haven't been together very long we're very much in love and want to spend the rest of our lives together. As far as a date goes we're debating between the 19th or 20th of April 2014. As far as location goes its most likely going to be in a small chapel in our city. We were going to go for a bit bigger ceremony and have it in Sequoia National Park but changed our minds for the smaller one because we aren't very fond of social settings because of anxiety. Any who. That's about all the planning we have so far but I'm not worried because the weddings so far away. We decided to have it in April 2014 because we want to save up for the wedding and honeymoon and if we don't go too crazywhich we probably won't a place of our own post wedding. So far we haven't even broken the news to our families out of fear they won't be too thrilled about it. Anyways best wishes to you all and I hope you all have the wedding of your dreams.
  • I love your wedding idea! That's badass and very unique!
  • Thank you.  I am super excited.  SInce my venue and DJ are alreasy booked.  After the holidays I am going to start checking out photgraphers and I am going to order my save the dates.  I know that I am getting stuff done waaaay ahead of schedule but I want everything done and paid for a week before the wedding.  That way when the day comes I will give my dad the tip envelopes for everyone and I wont have to do anything but enjot the day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Hi Ladies,

Most of the people I have talked to keep saying "Why are you waiting so long?'

I'm 35 and my FH is 34. We got engaged on 11/18 and will be getting married on 04.04.14 at 4pm. I'm a graphic designer and I can already see the layout of the save-the-dates, invitations, etc. PLUS, it's super easy for him to remember ;-)

We've booked our venue and I've started dress shopping. Plus, we are resarching photographers, DJs, etc.

Other people think it's a long time, but as a corporate events/tradeshow manager, I never have that kind of time to get all the details in order. It's refreshing and overwhelming to finally be doing some planning for myself.

Congratulations and Good Luck to all of you!

See you around The Knot
  • Hi fellow April 2014 brides!

This thread has been going a while, I feel late to the party, but also that my wedding is WAY too far away I wish it would hurry up!

I'm Jemma (age 28) from Wales in the UK, my fiancé proposed in November on our 4 year anniversary, was so shocked but am loving all the wedding planning so far. We're planning our wedding for April 14th 2014 in Las Vegas (hence me being over here on a US planning site - the Vegas board is VERY helpful!) followed by our road trip honeymoon to San Francisco.

Great to read about all of your plans and proposals, look forward to spending the next 14 months sharing in this with you :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Hello Girls!

My fiance proposed to me on Christmas Day 2013, and by Feburary I already had my venue, DJ, and photographer booked! Our wedding is set for Saturday April 12th, 2014, and I cannot wait!

I'll be wedding dress shopping beginning this June. I can't believe it's only a year-ish away!
  • Hello Ladies! My name is Alyssa (25) and my FI is Adam (28). We are from New Jersey and we're getting married on April 12, 2014. I am going with a vintage theme and I have actually already booked the church and the reception site. We are so excited! I look forward to getting to know all of you :-)
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hey girls! I'm Lauren (27) and my Fiance is Aren (29) Yes, Lauren and Aren, haha we get that a lot! We've been dating for ten years this September and I'm SO looking forward to moving on to the next stage in life! We're originally from So Cal, but now live in Arizona. We're planning on getting married on 4/26/14 out in Los Angeles. I'll be flying home to secure my venue this weekend :) 

In some ways it feels like next April is so far away. I want to be married now! But I'm sure next Feb/March I'm going to be panicking because there is so much left to do.
  • Hi, my name is Sarah (in case you hadn't guessed), my OH is Neil. We live in London now, but are from different parts of england. We are both 30 although we both turn 31 this week (our birthdays are one day apart). We have been together 5 years next week and been engaged since Christmas. We met when I moved into a houseshare he already lived in, in Liverpool. We became friends, flirted then one night out changed everything!

We're getting married 21st April in a gorgeous barn in Essex where he is from. We're having a yellow and pastel blue scheme and lace and pearls and are aiming for a relaxed and fun big day.
  • Congrats April Brides!!
     My fiancée's name is Wayne and when the wedding date rolls around (April 5 2014!!) we'll have been together for 7 years, engaged for 5.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards