April 2014 Weddings

Wedding Cruise

Hi there
I just got engaged the other day (wahoo) this is my second time around as well as my fiance's. We are planning a destination wedding on a cruise ship.

Any suggestions. I don't even know where to start
BabyName Ticker

Re: Wedding Cruise

• I'm newly engaged and planning a cruise wedding too.  I've been looking into it and Princess and Carnival seem to have the best packaged deals..so far.  Let's keep eachother informed because I am new to this and very lost.
  • hi, all. I'm helping a friend write her invitations.  she is getting married in the port, then guests will either have the option to cruise with them or get off the ship before it sails.  any suggestions on how to word this on the invite? 
  • I'm also very interested in experiences, advice, etc on a wedding cruise also. I am tossing the idea around too!
  • I am planning a wedding cruise as well but this is going to be a renwal of my vowels any ideas....

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_wedding-cruise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:ed805356-d730-48ae-b9e0-e9d319ea26f5Post:dff5730c-2e05-44c9-b26a-1c5bfc2acd43">Re: Wedding Cruise</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! We did a wedding cruise in Jan of this year! It was best idea ever! Here is my wedding album! <a href="http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.611959346976.2148429.57507734&l=8144f8729f" rel="nofollow">http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.611959346976.2148429.57507734&l=8144f8729f</a>
    Posted by WhitneyRyan[/QUOTE]

I LOVED your photoalbum. My boyfriend and I are not engaged yet but we are talking about what we want rings, wedding details, etc because he is in the miltary we will not be able to have a very long engagement, 6 months at most. I was wondering if you might be able to share some of your wedding details with me to help me get started. We are very much leaning towards having our wedding be on a cruise ship with just the two of us and enjoying the rest of the cruise for our honeymoon since he will only be able to take one leave. We are going to stick with his dress blue's colors for the Marine Corp. but I don't even know where to begin looking for different cruise liners or anything like this. Could you help me?

-Hollie
  • edited May 2012
    My best friend is getting married on a cruise in September. She has about 60 people coming to the port for the ceremony/reception before the cruise sets sail. About 25 or so of us are actually taking the cruise. She is so excited, and said its only costing about 2,500 for the ceremony and reception including 2 hours of open bar, buffet style food, the cake and 2 hours of entertainment in the reception restaurant. We're all paying our own way if we're going on the cruise, and with her invitations, it has a confirmation number to book through her travel agent so we all get the discounted rate/will all have rooms together. The only thing is that you need to pay for the whole wedding up front, so you will need to save money to book your wedding. Good luck! I'm sure it will be a great time!!
  • Hi. I'm getting married in December on Carnival Cruise Line leaving out of Miami. We decided to go with the welcome aboard package ($1700) with one hour reception. Our guests have the option of sailing or just coming for the wedding. All of their packages comes with just about everything you need. You will have to pay extra for flower upgrades (bridal party flowers, extra flowers to decorate columns, etc), DJ, band or techinician if you just want to hook up your iPOD for reception, picture packages(only the photographer is included in the package, not the pictures), among a few other things to make your day special. The guys can rent their tuxedos from them as well.  I found that the wedding coordinators are very friendly and helpful. I am very satisfied with the experience so far but am a little nervous and anxious because I have never been to a wedding cruise or know of anyone personally who have been on one so I really don't know what to expect.
    Live life like its your last day!
  • Congrats, we are thinking about it but I am not sure my fiance's parents will want to travel, his dad is kind of a grouch like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards