Florida-West Coast
Options

Welcome Gifts?

So today my FI and I decided to get welcome gifts for our out of town guests. We found a pail and shovel for the beach for $1!!! We were so excited! But we aren't sure what exactly to put in them. The bucket is supposed to be just a cute thing to do instead of the traditional basket. So far we have a few beach balls and squirt guns for the families with children but are not sure what else to put in them.

Maybe sunblack and aloe?

Any ideas would be great!! TIA

Re: Welcome Gifts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I am going to put in toothbrushes that have a Florida State theme, water bottles with a label I am going to make to adhere to it, and brochures of local attractions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of using sand pails!
  • Options
    abilodeauabilodeau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually contacted visittampabay.com about getting multiple brochurese for local attractions. I am also going to put our itenery for the weekend in them as well as a thank you note. I have been looking into water bottles all night, i cant decide whether i want to just buy the labels or buy the water bottles with the label on them. If I were to just buy the label i am not sure where to find a water bottle with no label already on it! Do i just rip the old label off or any old water bottle?
    We were also thinking maybe a pair of flip flops or sometihng else like that.
  • Options
    sparker97sparker97 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also thinking of using the pails!  Where did you get them?  I found some online at the dollar tree for $1, but I wasn't sure they'd be big enough.  I was going to put a couple of water bottles, a few snacks, brouchures from the area and a welcome letter. 

How are you handing them out?  My hotel charges per bag and many of my guests are not staying in the wedding block!!!
  • Options
    abilodeauabilodeau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually found them at Michales, they are very big and even come with a shovel attached! I am not sure how we are giving them out, I would like our hotel to give them out but I am not sure if they charge or not yet. We don't have everyone's reservations yet, or RSVP's so we just bought a few to start and when more ppl RSVP and book rooms we will go from there.
  • Options
    heidilein13heidilein13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the pail idea is really cool.  I just have the white paper tote bags, but then I stamped a swirly heart design on one side and "thank you" on the other with acrylic paint.  I added a little rhinestone to the exclamation point and curling ribbon to the handle for extra pizazz, lol.  The contents of said OOT bag are almost all collected, but the list we have is:  tissue paper, water bottle (i got personalized labels cheap on eBay), granola bar, tube of sunscreen, local tourist coupon books and guides (i pilfered from local shops), baggie of pretzels/chips, anti-bacterial hand gel, candy, postcards, etc (etc means i lost my list now, ugh, i'll find it later i'm sure)  =o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards