Florida-West Coast
Options

St. Pete--Museum of Fine Arts?!?!?

Hello everyone!  Anyone planning a wedding, been to a wedding or know anything about a wedding that took place at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Pete?  Its on Beach Drive in downtown and I put down the deposit!  Truth be told though, I never looked at reviews or spoke to anyone who had a wedidng there.  I LOVE the setting, but just want to be aware of anything good or bad, so that I can either get excited or prevent issues.  Thanks!!
November 2012 Brides December Siggy - THE RING! imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: St. Pete--Museum of Fine Arts?!?!?

• Options
    trevs731trevs731 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking about the MFA too - I haven't been to visit yet (I don't live in St. Pete), but all of the reviews I've read are really positive. It seems like the coordinator there is great and people seem to be happy with the catering too. Which areas of the Museum are you using?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put down a deposit at the St. Pete MFA too....but then I changed my venue to another place in downtown St. Pete. The ONLY reasons is that I am getting married on New Year's Eve and the museum has a strict policy of everyone being out by midnight, so ending the party at 11:30pm....that won't work for New Year's Eve!

Darren, from Olympia and the lady coordinator (don't remember her name) were very responsive and helpful. I've seen it set up for weddings and it looks awesome. BUT, if you're having the reception in the main lobby area with the wall of windows, you're probably going to need to spend money on lighting...it's one of those spaces that REALLY needs it. Also, their parking situation wasn't the best, so the coordinator suggestd paying for valet service for guests (another big cost). Lastly, you have to use Olympia, since they run the Cafe at the museum, and although Darren is great and Olympia's food is good, they are pretty expensive. I didn't really like the idea of absolutely having to use Olympia either.

That being said, the venue is great and really makes an impression for guests. Just expect to pay a lot of extras there. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards