Florida-West Coast
Options

Cake Flavor Poll

Hello Ladies,

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend...I was extremely sick all weekend...so I did absolutely NOTHING:(

Well I went to my ccake tasting a couple of weeks back and we decided on our design but I loved all the flavors so much that I could not decide on the flavor.  So I need help from my Knotties:) 

In your opinion what is a GREAT cake flavor...or your favorite cake flavor? 
On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cake Flavor Poll

• Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cake flavors are:
    chocolate mousse torte (chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, chocolate ganache); white chocolate mousse raspberry torte (white cake, seedless raspberry preserves, white chocolate mousse); frezier (french almond pound cake, creme brulee filling, sliced strawberries soaked in grand marnier)

All of these layers covered in a homemade butter cream.  YUM

Of those 3 flavors, I can't pick a fave as I love them all.  They are each different but wonderful.  I'll be able to tell you in 40 days though. :)
  • Options
    L8yGatorL8yGator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not really Chocolate people, so we are going with 2 different lighter flavors.The first is a Lemon cake with raspberry filling. The second is a Vanilla cake with a strawberry filling. Out of the 2 my favorite is Lemon cake with raspberry filling.
  • Options
    SBride1SBride1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cake was so yummy!

The bottom layer was chocolate with mint cookies and cream filling; 2nd layer was vanilla cake with a sweet raspberry filling; and our top layer is chocolate with mocha filling.

We also went with a 50/50 icing (half cream cheese icing and half buttercream) which was delicious.  You just have to find the one that goes with your cake the best!
    Dinner in Florence!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YUM they all sound so good!  We did "champagne celebration" which is champagne scented cake with fresh strawberry filling with mimosa cream, which got the best reviews from guests.  We also did a compromise between FI and I .  He loves red velvet.  I don't like cream cheese frosting.  So we did red velvet cake with chocolate ganash.  It looked different (in a good way) but it tasted great, chocolate but not overwhelming chocolate.  The keylime strawberry is in our freezer for next year, can't wait!!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is an extremely picky eater so the layer that we cut into HAD to be chocolate w/ whipped cream filling.  I don't remember now, but I think another layer had a canolli filling & the other .... not sure... maybe strawberries & cream?
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well.  I hope you're feeling better today.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope you get better soon ( I've been sick for a week so understand you not wanting to do anything)

The plavor that My friends have had the best luck with was a chocolate ganash (but you must be a chocolate lover for this one) because it is all so rich and delicious
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well  thanks ladies,  I still feel kind of yucky:( hoping to get better before TURKEY DAY! 
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards