Florida-West Coast

Kinda Nervous......

Just made 2 appts for trying on dresses....the pressure is on! Going to try CC's and Jon's and try to find one off the rack to bring back to Ireland with me.....feeling excited and nervous and overwhelmed already!! Anyone else ever felt like this about dress shopping, or am I crazy????

Re: Kinda Nervous......

• edited December 2011
    I was more overwhelmed once I started trying them on because I didnt find one that I loved at first, and then they all started looking the same!  When you love one though, just go for it because it seemed to me once I tried on too many then they all got jumbled up in my mind!  I bought my dress at CC's though, I worked with Monica and she was great.  Even when I went back to pick up my dress 6 months later when it came it, she remembered that I told her about another dress that I loved that was too expensive, i was impressed!  They have a good selection at Jon's and alot of girls have found their dream gown there, I just didnt like how they are so pushy.  They tell you that if you don't buy that day then it probably won't be there again.  I dont deal well with having to make decisions like that!  You may like that though especially since you want to take it with you!
  • mshendrixmshendrix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice. I think one reason I am nervous is because I have champagne taste on a beer budget!!!  I just hope I will find something that I like that won't break the bank!  I will do my best to sleep on any decisions....I can be such a sucker though, so I am glad you warned me about Jon's.....thanks again!
  • Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jons owner stalks our boards, and posts as different women all the time!
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to call around.... there are a few dress shops that offer 50% off if you purchase one of their last season floor gowns. (A great way to save a lot of money if you are on a budget!) There are others who offer $100-$200 off the retail price if you pay for your dress in full at the time of order.
  • tabvarn80tabvarn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is so wrong that they do that. Chelsea- did you read that post, last week I think, about them calling the bride?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ewwwwww thats spooky!!  Anywhoo, I am trying on dresses here in Ireland too, so surely to God I will find something beautiful within our budget....any advice on David's???
    edited December 2011
    Tab, no I didn't... What happened?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Wow Chelsea, thanks so much for the advice!  Where can I find a list of bridal stores in the Tampa/St Pete / Clearwater area??  Also Orlando??? and will prob go to a bridal store in Gainesville near my dads...so I just ask them if they do discounts for paying in full at time of purchase and if they have any last year's floor samples??? Thanks again.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Tab...what happened??????? Im all freaked out now!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=61365003&forumid=62 hopefully that works, if not. Basically she came on to tell us what had happened at her appointment and the next day the store called her and basically told her they didn't care for her business. Well at least that is how I read it. I know a lot of girls had wonderful experiences there, so I'm not trying to discourage people from trying them..but this was really mean.
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know of a way other than looking at the white pages:http://yellowpages.superpages.com/listings.jsp?SRC=comwp&C=bridal+&T=TAMPA&S=FL&STYPE=S&L=Tampa+FL&R=N&EG=2&F=1&CP=Clothing+%26+Accessories%5EClothing+Stores%5EWomen%27s+Clothing%5EBridal+Shops+%26+Services%5E&RC=1&CTS=Bridal+Shops+%26+ServicesAll of the listings are not actually Bridal Shops, so just pay attention to the name of the business.When I was looking around for a dress, I looked up local stores that sold Maggie Sottero & Mori Lee Dresses and called each about their pricing. The designers will list local stores that sells their dresses.
    edited December 2011
    Ewww, its such a horrible place!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely suggest doing that too. Look up who sells the dresses you are interested in. :) Good luck with it all. I was very nervous when I went, but I was lucky to find it on the first day! :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK thanks! I just saw Elaine's bridal as well,  might check them out.  Where did You two girls find your dresses?? Thanks again for the knowledge....everything is so helpful!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at Cheri Bloom in New Port Richey. They are very very sweet ladies!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool, I will look them up Tab and see if they sell off the rack....Thanks again for everything!  GL with your planning, it's so easy to get stressed but I know we will all look fab on our day! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They MAY sell last season off the rack, but generally they have to order them. Best of luck!!
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine in New Port Richey at Marias Bridal. Sheila and Maria are AWESOME!!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks like I will be heading to NPR!  Thanks again girls!
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck with dress shopping and I second the dislike of Jon's Bridal! Monica at CC's was super nice! Be very upfront with the sales ladies about your budget and tell them not to bring you anything over your price range (and check the tag before you put things on) you don't want to fall in love with something you can't buy! Also there is a rather larger off the rack store in Sarasota (south of Tampa about 45 mins) http://www.sarasotabrides.com/ i've never been there so I can't say for certain about the service or selction, but I did call them looking for a specific dress and they were SUPER helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG i just went back and read that post, that so HAS to be them from Jon's!  and I bet the last post is too..... ridiculous that they have to go to such extremes to sell dresses!  I usually try to be politically correct when I talk about them, but no more!  Go elsewhere!!
  • corstinkcorstink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to CC's and Alfred Angelo...I wasn't impressed with CC's. But that was my opinion, other girls have had wonderful experiences there. I ended up getting my dress from Patricia's in Brooksville. They are a small boutique but have alot of dresses to choose from. And Brittney was awesome. She is in her 20's so she has a pretty good idea of what is popular right now. Anyway. Good luck with your shopping...for me it was exhausting lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards