Florida-West Coast

Planning Nerd Here

man, even though i have over a year to get the wedding planned, i have turned into a planning nerd!i love looking at all the ideas...if i keep this up, the wedding will be completely planned and i'll have time to spare at the end, which is a good thing!i'm so much a planning nerd that i have a wedding website (see link at bottom of post) with all the couple background info and the wedding info, which is a work in progress...plus, i'm using theknot bio (click on user name) for ideas onlydid anyone else get this crazy when they were planning?
keep on knotin' in the free world!

SEVIN

Re: Planning Nerd Here

• jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was like that when we first got engaged and started planning. I've sort of backed off a little. In fact, I could really use some motivation to get some things done. My wedding planner is going to need to whip me into shape pretty soon if I don't get moving!
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • MrsCanes511MrsCanes511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started pretty intense when we got engaged last November, and we are getting married this coming January. HOWEVER, I think its great that you get a jump start on these things!! First of all....we started looking for all our big vendors (photographer, venues) this past Jan, and places were already starting to book a year out! So we were glad we started so early and got the places we wanted. Also, its great to do all these things as the time goes rather than leaving everything until "last min" cause you dont want to feel super stressed (well....even more that your going to be! haha) a month or two before your wedding. So KUDOS to you for getting a jump start! Plus its just way too exciting not to get started! hahaTHE DOWNSIDE.....I have everything done that I can do up until I find out specifically who is coming, and I know what the guest count is......so now Im in this lull where Im just looking for things wedding related to do =(
  • edited December 2011
    I did a lot of things early...the only thing I have to do is linens, cake and our tasting at the venue. Other than that everything else (including the honeymoon) is booked. I am glad I did everything early because now with school starting back up and the holiday's, I can just relax and focus on school, friends and family.
  • edited December 2011
    We have a long engagement (1 yr, 8 months) so I started planning really early, but it was good because we could do a lot for a few weeks and then relax for a few.  We've been able to spread things out and have never been rushed with anything and only one of the vendors we wanted was already booked.  It's been a nice pace, but now I'm at a lull because we can't do anything else till the guest list is finalized but I'd much rather have it this way than have a ton of things to do and been scrambling to finish them all. 
  • dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a total planner and have 4 months to go with almost everything done. The only things I need to finish are the mass programs (I'm working on this now), the seating chart, the personalized menus and the last favor. My invites are done and addressed (it actually only took me a week to hand write so I was happy with that) and will go out in 2 weeks. As the replys come in, I'll be able to work on the menus. I've already got some done based on what meals I know some people have chosen. I think you're doing the right thing by being ahead. I feel the stress level will be lower and so far, I haven't felt any stress at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards