Florida-West Coast

Can anyone help me..

I live in MI and coming to the Clearwater area to get married.  We are trying to find a place to host a welcome luncheon for 50 + people without it costing an arm and leg to do it.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  I contacted Frenchys but they will not host a party that large. I just want something extremely casual and fun for my guests! TIA.

Re: Can anyone help me..

• dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you want to stay in the Clearwater area or is Tampa viable? Also, what kind of food do you want? You could always do something like Spaghetti Warehouse in Ybor City (Tampa area) and their banquet meals start at like $15 a person. This includes a choice from 4 entrees, a salad, beverage and gratuity. My MOH is having my bridal shower there. Also, you could do a catered affair at a park from someone like Sonny's BBQ or Jimbo's BBQ. Both are reasonable and include set-up and tear-down along with all equipment. I'm not sure how formal you want to get but you can get as expensive as you want.
  • Mistym05Mistym05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want it as cheap easy and convient for my guest since we are all not from the are I'd like to stay as close to Clearwater as possible.  Do you know if I used a BBQ catering would I need a permit for the beach area?
  • dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about the permit, but I can highly recommend Jimbo's BBQ in Tampa. Their website is www.jimbosbarbq.com. Their prices are very reasonable and for 50 people they will deliver and help you set up. A meal example is chicken and chopped pork with beans, coleslaw and hush puppies for $7.75. This is the delivered price. My FI grew up with this place so it's been around for many years. His dad and him would go fishing and then hit Jimbo's afterwards. FI has taken me there many times and we both love it (we also love BBQ so I guess that would be a requirement). I would contact the parks and recreation department in the Clearwater area and inquire about a permit.
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also on Clearwater Beach, near the Frenchy restaurants, is the Palm Pavilion Grill and Gar - great food and you could use either the large deck or the large enclosed room for your luncheon. It's RIGHT ON THE BEACH. Here's the URL, but TheKnot will put this in the middle of it: You'll need to take that out so you can get to the website. http://www.palmpavilion.com/beachside-grill.html
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking into getting catering from Lee Roy Selmon's.  If you go to their website, they have a party platter menu.  I love the food there (gotta get the Oklahoma sauce!) and it seems reasonable, I don't think they set it up though, you'd have to pick it up I think.My Future Father-in-law is having a pissy fit about the rehersal dinner because EVERYONE is from out of town and he's just being cheap!  So I looked into this option... but I think we're going to stick to Bahama Breeze b/c for the apps only it's only $26/pp.  This could be another option for you.  I know they have sepereate spaces for parties.  Their dinners for a party start at $27/pp and this includes tax and grat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards