Florida-West Coast

VENDOR RAVE: Tampa Calligraphy

Diane with Tampa Calligraphy did an excellent job with my save the dates, she finished them within one day and they could not have been more perfect and beautiful.  I highly reccommend her and look forward to using her for my invitations. 

Re: VENDOR RAVE: Tampa Calligraphy

• edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking how much does she charge? Does she have a webiste?
  • edited December 2011
    $.50 per envelope and $.30 per place card.
  • edited December 2011
    oops - her website is www.tampacalligraphy.com
  • Roltide75Roltide75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the information
  • Roltide75Roltide75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    question is it hand done OR computer done?
  • edited December 2011
    computer
  • edited December 2011
    So my questions is.... how are these people charging so much for computer calligraphy.  Or is it just the work to actually type the addresses???
  • edited December 2011
    That's what I want to know. I can tyoe myself and print them. I want something that is hand done and nice. There was another bride raving about a calligraphy woman she found online and they tuned out amazing. I wish I still has that information.
  • edited December 2011
    Soxlovah - I think that was Megara, I know she used someone..... I would page her, she is usually lurking! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • edited December 2011
    A couple of them are digitized calligraphy and the rest are beautiful fonts. I think $.50 per envelope is a steal. I bet it hardly covers her time and cost of ink plus I looked into the calligraphy program she bought and it was like $250, plus she advertises on The Knot and other places that I know aren't free or even cheap. She really gets excited about beautiful invitations and seeing how happy people are at her work. She goes above and beyond and I am truthfully surprised that she doesn't charge more (please don't tell her though!). A lot of people in our area have used her and just rave and rave about her. After she and her husband both got laid off from their jobs last year, she started expanding her business to full time and started advertising. She's really a nice lady and I think she deserves to make some money for the great work she does. My wedding's not until the end of next year, but I wouldn't even consider using anyone else.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm here :) it is calligraphybycarrie.comShe is all handwritten, and it turned out sooooooo beautiful!!!  She is a sweetheart too :)
  • edited December 2011
    My friend just used someone from PA and it was reasonable and handwritten.  She had it shipped and it still was really nice.  I was just looking at her blog because that is where my wedding will be.  I will still have to have the stuff shipped since I am living here.  But her prices are so good that the shipping wont be that bad. Her blog info is http://logansmmc.blogspot.com/. I actually just contacted her myself and am waiting for her email.  Good luck w/ your search.
  • dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know most people don't have the time, but I did mine and it was easy. First, I put my addresses into a word document in a table with the column of outer envelope and inner envelope. Then I made them the font and size I wanted and then printed them. From there, I slid them into the envelope and evened them out and traced them. It was easy and people love them. I have been asked if they were computer done and when I say I hand wrote them (for the most part), they are amazed.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Tampa calligraphy, but I too wanted hand calligraphy.  I found mine on Etsy - DancingPen. 
  • edited December 2011
    Diane with Tampa Calligraphy made my invitations, place cards, and programs for my June wedding. I was truly impressed with the quality of her work as well as her responsiveness. I couldn't believe how quickly she was able to complete such a large order! I received many positive comments from family and friends about how beautiful they looked. I recommened her work to my sister who got married in August, and her invitations are programs were just as beautiful and unique. I'm hoping that she will take on the job of doing my baby shower invitations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards