Florida-West Coast
Options

Center Pieces TRUE OR NOT TRUE

Hello Ladies,I have a question, is it a tradition that at the end of the reception for the guests to take the center pieces?

Re: Center Pieces TRUE OR NOT TRUE

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married about 2 weeks ago and guests did take some of the centerpieces. The only time I could see this being an issue is if you need to return vases or what not to your florist if they are rented. Or of course if you just wanted to keep them :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never taken a centerpiece home! I wish I would have taken one from your wedding S! They were soo pretty! And no one better take mine home! I want to sell those bastards afterward!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was hoping to sell the square vases, but no such luck! Oh well, they were pretty so I'm glad people got to enjoy them. I do have a boat load of cylinder vases left though..lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine Mine Mine! I need those, don't be pimping them yet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What if you rented vases. That would suck. Still... People can have the flowers but please don't take my vases. I'm selling those suckers afterwards.
  • Options
    surfbetty530surfbetty530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually rented the vases from my florist so ppl just took home the top part of my centerpieces. The flowers were inserted into this foam thing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah - I'm renting the vases from my florist so they better not think that they can take them home!!! We could have real issues. How do you prevent something like that?
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Options
    tracynmariatracynmaria member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats the problem the center pieces the actualy vases are provided by the venue... so I might not be able to use them if they want to take it, thanks  
  • Options
    tracynmariatracynmaria member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how do you tell your guests not to take the vases? I need vases too if anyone is selling them so that my guest can take them!!lol
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol tracynmaria:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we let the wait staff and the people at our reception site know that they guests were welcome to take the flowers from the centerpiece, but to not let anyone leave with the vases. Our vases weren't really the issue since they were super tall and filled with water, but the lower centerpieces were in bowl-ish ones. All I know is that at the end of the night, all of the rented vases were accounted for, so the people at the RP definitly followed through.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How is the dollar dance seen as the tackiest thing in the wedding industry, but guests deciding they can take the centerpieces you made/paid for is kosher????
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lmao! I have never thought about it that way! Every wedding I have been to people have taken the centerpieces and that is why we decided to buy our vases and not rent them from the florist. This way if we have left over we can sell them and if we dont oh well at least we dont owe the florist for each one. And the last thing I want to think about when I get on the plane the next day for our HM is I wonder if anyone took something they shouldnt have or if something was broken and what our bill will be when we get home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought vintage china pieces for our centerpieces at thrift stores and antique shops so that if someone takes them home I won't be heartbroken but if I keep them they will make awesome additions to my vintage collection
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to a wedding reception where anyone but the BP gathered the centerpieces onto one table and then each person in the BP took home a centerpiece or two.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I guess I don't care if people take mine..I was only going to sell the vases later. However I don't know how people would get a vase full of water and orchids home without spilling...oh well. I've never taken or seen anyone take centerpeices at the weddings i've been to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHA- Nicole. I agree with you!! I have never been to a wedding where I have seen people taking the centerpieces. Maybe I just wasnt paying attention. but I personally have never taken someones centerpieces from their wedding reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding where the bride's family was asking us to take the flowers fromt the centerpieces b/c they were all from out of town and the B & G were leaving for their honeymoon so they wanted people to enjoy the flowers is all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards