Florida-West Coast

Hair & Makeup

Does anyone know of someone who will do both hair & makeup & travel out to Longboat Key for a reasonable price? Thanks.
PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: Hair & Makeup

• sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how far exactly Longboat Key is and what is a reasonable price to you, but I would suggest starting with Darla Stafford.  Her minumum is 375 and locally I believe travel is 50, probably more for LK.  But she's great!!!!  IMO worth it, she does great work and she is just sweet and fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what reasonably priced is either... I'm just starting to get a feel for how much this would cost. How would I get in touch w/ Darla? What do you mean by a minimum? Sorry, I'm pretty clueless about this.
  • edited December 2011
    i know cari from kyle lynn would travel down there...she came to my house for my trial and we live in north port (south of venice).  her prices are all on her website.  ive heard that her and darla are two of the best around. 
  • Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you and your bridesmaids will be having your hair and makeup done I would definitely go with Darla. She has never received a bad review on the board. Im sure someone will have her contact info. You can expect to pay $100-$150 for hair and makeup.
  • edited December 2011
    I've also booked Darla Stafford, I've never heard a single bad review about her, and once I booked her and told her how many people there would be, she went ahead and made up the schedule for the day - even though my wedding isn't until 6/12/10! She seems very professional, organized, and her portfolio is amazing. Here is her website, you can get her contact info there: http://www.darlastafford.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, and a minimum is basically the base amount she would charge for services for her coming out. So if her minimum is $375, then you would need to have enough people needing enough services to add up to $375 - if you had less than this, then she would still charge $375 for her coming out there. Some venues do this too, and will require that you are getting enough services/food/alcohol etc to reach a certain number. Since I have me, MOB, MOG, MOH, and 4 bridesmaids who all wanted hair and makeup done, it was really easy for us to meet the minimum for Darla's services.
  • sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Minimum means you have to spend at least that much with her to book her for that day.  I'm paying $125 for myself, $100 each for bridesmaids, and $35 for 2 flower girls, and $50 for mom's makeup (mom wants to do her own hair).  Then if you want a trial you go to her house and it's $35 and it's great!  She will take all the time it needs to make sure you are perfectly happy.  I'm not married yet but based on my trial I couldn't be happier.
  • sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should also say I don't normally wear makeup and I'm extremely picky about how people do my hair, and she was spot on to what I wanted.
  • jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  I just called Darla & she's already booked on my wedding day.  I also called Cari from Kyle Lynn & left a message.  Any other suggestions?
  • edited December 2011
    michele renee was the other name ive heard thrown around...
  • edited December 2011
    I used Michelle Renee and she was great.... she is a little flaky but does great work! here are her prices: http://michelereneehairandmakeup.com/prices.html
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • JulieLeonardJulieLeonard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been talking with Valerie Schneider from Beautiful Brides, she seems to be really good and her prices are great!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Julissa from Beauty Brought Out - I'm not sure about her travel range, but her website is www.beautybroughtout.com.  She has also gotten good reviews on this board
    Photobucket
  • sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe Valerie only does makeup though because when I called her she suggested I call Renee Michelle for hair because Valerie doesn't prefer to do both, so you might have to pay 2 travel fees.  Sorry about Darla being booked :(  I agree Beauty Brought Out would be who I would try nextl if Darla wasn't available.
  • MrsCanes511MrsCanes511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married on Lido Key (just south of Longboat) and I am using Cari with kyle lynn.
  • Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is another that some Knotties have used! :)http://www.facesbykristine.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards