Florida-West Coast

rehearsal dinner dress

my FMIL bought her rehearsal dinner dress.. its in her favorite color purple, but only on the top, the rest is black from underneath the bust down. anyways ive been on the hunt for a dress for myself and i found this one online that i really love:http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EF-193557&cgname=OSKEYCLOZZZ&rfnbr=2201it comes in a lot of colors, but my favorite one is the purple! im really close to my FMIL but would it be weird to kind of match?? i want to stay away from black and white and go for a more bright color... the only other one i might consider is the cobalt blue but idk just wanted to get opinions if it would be bad to get the purple one?? thanks! in advance :o)

Re: rehearsal dinner dress

• sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a hot dress!  I like it best in the navy for myself, but my chest is too large to pull that off.    *blushing*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    i actually was kind of thinking navy too... it will be close to the water and i was thinking about wearing my white wedding shoes to break them in with a white cardigan (it will be january) over the navy dress... but i dont think i own anything navy lol its just one of those colors ive never really worn.. like orange.. i dont own 1 orange thing lol but idk.. i need more opinions!!and i bet youd look better in the dress than me!! im like a 34A.. haha so my bras have to do all the work for me ;)
  • sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol, 34D.  Can't wear cute tank tops.   Grass is always greener...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I like the purple shock one!!! Love the dress though!
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a nice dress.  I like your idea of the navy w/ white cardigan & white shoes.  Have you tried the dress on yet?  I'm kinda small up top too & sometimes have trouble w/ VS.  Is your FMIL's dress the same shade of purple as the color here?  I don't think it would matter if you were both wearing purple.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • MrsCanes511MrsCanes511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, I clicked the link before I read the entire post...and all I saw was FMIL wearing....so I thought that she was wearing this dress...I thought woah....your FMIL could pull this off!! I want to meet her haha Anyways! I love this dress, its really sexy but still classy. The idea of it with the cardigan sounds great, no matter what color. Im a big fan of that look anyways, it always classes it up for an affair like this. You could do the white cardigan and your white shoes no matter what color dress you decide on. The blues are really great, the purple however I dont think would be weird at all. If you want to get that then go for it! On a side note, if you end up getting this, I want to know how it fits because I really want this dress however I have curves....a bit more than the VS model haha, so Id like to know how they run. GL!
  • nillachicknillachick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol I thought the same thing...I was like, wow FMIL must be a HOT MAMA!! Then I re read it. I love his dress, btw!
  • edited December 2011
    hahaha my FMIL is adorable but idk about her in this dress!! i havent tried it on yet but thats why im getting it a few months out.. so i can return it if i need too!! i have some good bras that fill in the spaces though so we will see lol!! i think im gunna end up getting the navy one... thanks for the responses!! ill let you know when it comes in :)
  • edited December 2011
    purple.... it is the hot color of the season.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards