Florida-West Coast

Moonstone, and anyone from Sarasota?!

Hi there! I was just wondering if you know of any place that would be good in Sarasota for a bachelorette party? (or even a bachelor party...not strip club esk haha) I was thinking for the girls party maybe that country club place Joyland, I heard it is supposed to be like the dallas bull which I really like, however I dont want to end up going there and it turn out to be a shady bar place ya know? Well, any ideas would be greatly helpful, or at least point me in the right direction for google haha! Thanks!!

Re: Moonstone, and anyone from Sarasota?!

• figs181figs181 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to Joyland in a VERY long time, but the last time I was there it was HORRIBLE!  White trash central!  I still have the image of a very overweight woman in a very short purple dress doing the booty dance while her dress slowly inched up burned into my brain!  LOL!  Might I suggest The Gator club or Beachclub?  They are both a great dance atmosphere without the trashiness.  Happy hunting!
  • MrsCanes511MrsCanes511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay NO to joyland. haha thank you! Ive never heard of the other two, but I will def check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    Um... I've never been to Joyland, but I image it to be like the pp said. I'm also not a fan of Gator Club. Think old creepy, rich men.The two places I like in downtown are Esca and Horsefeathers. Esca is more like electronic music with a hip-alternative crowd. Horsefeathers is like 'young professional' central playing popular dance music. Both are popular on a Friday/Saturday night... go any other night and it will be dead.You could also think about Daquiri Deck or Siesta Key Oyster Bar on SK. While I'm not sure about the dance atmosphere... it is the place young(er) tourists go to party when they are here on vacation. HTH
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There wont be much dancing, so were not worried about that at all. Its going to be all my friends, plus like my FMIL, FSIL's, my gramma (pretty much my mom) and some of my aunts, so just a fun place to hang out, maybe with a bar or some live music?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH btw, we will be going on a Thurs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards