Florida-West Coast
Options

Help with venue ideas

So I'm recently engaged and have settle on a June wedding next year (2012). With plenty of time to plan, I figured I'd make good use of it and check out all the possible venues I could. 

My FI and I are huge movie buffs. We've agree that we want a movie themed wedding. Originally, I bounced around the idea of having the ceremony in a movie theater, but I think I'll be giving up on that idea because of the cost. So now I'm searching for a different venue that isn't too costly. I'd like to have a budget of around $10,000, and our guest list is sitting around 100-150. I've been looking for the perfect place, but every one I set my sights on is way more than what I'd like to spend. 

If anyone could suggest some nice, budget friendly venues that they've use or know of it'd be great! I'm looking for something inside, no beach wedding for me. I'd prefer a place that I could have the ceremony in also.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help with venue ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the cost but what about the Tampa Theatre?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is in the theatre in the Centro Asturiano.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's also a theater at the Cuban Club in Ybor City.  They also have a ballroom, so you can do a lot right there.
  • Options
    JBC123JBC123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    STRAZ center does weddings too
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards. I have no new venue ideas to give you, but these ladies are great! Happy planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I look at the Centro Asturiano website today, very beautiful! Is it budget friendly? Working on looking at all the other suggestions tonight. Thanks a lot ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I as told to look at the Tampa Theatre as well -- I'm a singer and my fiance is an entertainment lawyer. We instead decided on the Tradewinds. They are amazing. In Feb, which is when we're getting married in 2012, there is no food and beverage min. I don't know what it is in June, but I would check. Their prices are soon to go up,s o maybe you can get in while they're low! GL! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]There's also a theater at the Cuban Club in Ybor City.  They also have a ballroom, so you can do a lot right there.
    Posted by planetkari[/QUOTE]

<div>I just heard back from the Cuban Club today! Their prices were pretty amazing considering the other venues I'd check out! Thank you thank you thank you for suggesting this! I'm going to check it out with my FI sometime next week! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    nova 535
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just recieved a tour from Alan at the Cuban Club yesterday and was extremly happy. He even did a wedding worksheet with all the prices and fees up front. The place is beautiful! 95 years old an He said they will have a new hardwood floor on the dance floor adn new carpet in the ball room for next year!!! Good luck!!

• Options
    SuzyQTampaSuzyQTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the tampa pitcher show does weddings
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards