Florida-West Coast
Options

Check - Cake Flavors Choosen

This past week we had another cake tasting with our baker, Chocolate Pi, to choose our cake flavors! I love their cake and am so excited to see what the cake and grooms cake will look like! Kim, the baker, is very nice and great to work with.

Our cake is 3 tiers and these are the flavors we selected:

Top Tier - Key Lime Strawberry (key lime scented cake, fresh strawberries, strawberry creme and key lime creme)

Middle Tier - Chocolate Raspberry (chocolate cake, chocolate raspberry ganache and fresh raspberries)

Bottom Tier - Key Lime Strawberry again

And the grooms cake is going to be their Exotica flavor (Pineapple, passion fruit, mango and vanilla cake) since my FH loves fruit, especially mango.

I am so excited about our cakes and just wanted to share!
Anniversary

Re: Check - Cake Flavors Choosen

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  The key lime strawberry sounds soooo yummy!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_check-cake-flavors-choosen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:16b85325-454a-4b9e-a402-b8f146c8a663Post:9c505de5-1b4a-45f4-96f6-594cc1fa098e">Re: Check - Cake Flavors Choosen</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!  The key lime strawberry sounds soooo yummy!!!!
    Posted by bride2bhcl[/QUOTE]

Thanks! And it is SO good, I could that cake all day long!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SOunds yummy!  I'm using Chocolate Pi, too!  Our tiers will be Strawberry Shortcake, Praline pecan and Citrus Passion.  The tasting was soo delish:)
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  I had Chocolate Pi too!  I had Keylime Strawberry for the top tier and we didn't cut it yet, it's still in my freezer for our anniversary and sometimes I have to really hold myself back from taking it out and eating it frozen, lol.  We had a layer of Champagne Celebration which was to die for!! (champagne scented cake with fresh strawberries and mimose cream in the layers).  We were deciding between Chocolate Cubed and Red Velvet for the last tier and ended up compromising since I don't like cream cheese frosting but love chocolate ganash and we had red velvet cake with chocolate ganash instead of cream cheese.  It was looked like my highschool colors, lol, different, very pretty, and delish!  I love Kim, I was very grumpy the day we did our tasting and just talking with her in her shop turned me around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yum, key lime strawberry sounds uninque and tasty!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds amazing. Glad everything is coming through.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_check-cake-flavors-choosen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:16b85325-454a-4b9e-a402-b8f146c8a663Post:4b198a31-5781-498a-917e-86a89ea5f4ea">Re: Check - Cake Flavors Choosen</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!  I had Chocolate Pi too!  I had Keylime Strawberry for the top tier and we didn't cut it yet, it's still in my freezer for our anniversary and sometimes I have to really hold myself back from taking it out and eating it frozen, lol.  We had a layer of Champagne Celebration which was to die for!! (champagne scented cake with fresh strawberries and mimose cream in the layers).  We were deciding between Chocolate Cubed and Red Velvet for the last tier and ended up compromising since I don't like cream cheese frosting but love chocolate ganash and we had red velvet cake with chocolate ganash instead of cream cheese.  It was looked like my highschool colors, lol, different, very pretty, and delish!  I love Kim, I was very grumpy the day we did our tasting and just talking with her in her shop turned me around.
    Posted by sara76[/QUOTE]

LOL! I don't know if we'll be saving our top layer or not...it'll be hard knowing we have such good cake in our freezer! We tried the Champagne Celebration and it was great, but in the end decided to go with the Key Lime Strawberry, I wish we were having more layers so we could try other flavors, since they have so many great choices! The red velvet with chocolate ganache sounds amazing!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds yummy!
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    navybride02navybride02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh yummy- we're also doing key lime in our cake- I'm a sucker for anything key lime
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds yummy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is awesome- we are using Chocolate Pi as well.
     I think you and I have the same wedding day - May 1st.
    :)
    WE got the exotica, champagne celebration,and the vanilla bean- I am can't wait to eat the cake!!!!!!!!!

YUMMYYYYY! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_check-cake-flavors-choosen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:16b85325-454a-4b9e-a402-b8f146c8a663Post:c4e44032-85ee-45cd-93b2-76d5c9c08af5">Re: Check - Cake Flavors Choosen</a>:
    [QUOTE]that is awesome- we are using Chocolate Pi as well.  I think you and I have the same wedding day - May 1st. :) WE got the exotica, champagne celebration,and the vanilla bean- I am can't wait to eat the cake!!!!!!!!! YUMMYYYYY! :)
    Posted by redklein[/QUOTE]

Yep, I am a May 1 bride also! Your flavors sound great, I really love the Exotica flavor. I cannot wait to eat the cake either!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards