Florida-West Coast

What to do, What to do

well, the little ticker thingy on the knot is telling me that I only have 200 more days until the wedding date...and we've got nothing!

we haven't started planning anything and we still are broke...even our original super small budget seems out of this world!

so i think i am going to have to face the music and have a courthouse wedding (and don't take this as me dogging courthouse weddings, it's just not what i wanted)...BOO HISS

unless you wise wedding women have any suggestions as to how we can pull this off on the cheap and put it together quickly
keep on knotin' in the free world!

SEVIN

Re: What to do, What to do

• babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having a beach wedding and pot-luck may not be your dream wedding, but if it is most important to share your special day with friends and family this may not be a bad idea.

You could also do a JOP wedding and have everyone meet at a restraunt for a reception fo sorts ( Spaghetti Warehouse in Ybor is nice)
  • edited December 2011
    a beach wedding would work for me, but the Mr. doesn't like the beach...he is more a woodsy type but i haven't been able to locate any affordable and wedding friendly woodsy venues around here

i also thought about just having the small ceremony at a park and then everyone going to a nice restuarant, but once again the Mr. doesn't think that would be a less expensive way of getting hitched

so, i told him, "well you plan it then!" and he said, "okay, band t-shirts and barbecue it is" and that's usually where i just give up on the conversation all together until a later time and we start all over again

SEVIN
  • edited December 2011
    I think you and your soon to be husband can still have a nice wedding. What really matters is you and him. I saw a couple in  one of my wedding photographer shot where they just got married by themselves and his mom was and the phone was on speaker phone with them just them and the Justice of the peace or something  and the photographer so it seems anyways. then after they had a photoshoot the rest of the day which they will always remember. I thought that was nice Just  the two of them. hopefully they ended up staying at the hotel they got married 
     this the couple what a great idea!!http://www.wesweberphotography.com/wesphotoblog/index.php?offset=20 Rayna & Chris - Wedding
    Id totally do this I want good Pictures of us LOL

Or you can just have some of you close family and friends and get marry at a nice park I did that with my first wedding it didnt cost much to get married in a park. But that was in maine. Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    I think going to a public park in your area, with you in a dress and a JOP, with some close friends can totally be done.  You can ask for everyone to bring something as a pot luck style OR you could have a picnic theme and and get gingham check ed table cloths, and make little like mini-sandwiches that everyone could nibble on.  Hook the IPOD up with your favorite tunes and bam you've got a wedding.  It might take a little more creative thinking, but if you want to share your day with the people you love and not go down to the courthouse, you can swing it!  You could bring a cooler and have ice cream sandwiches and treats.  I don't know, just some thoughts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your budget?  Then I might have better suggestions. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_what-to-do-what-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:21731546-678e-421c-8439-f0ef6ea3a204Post:8093575d-8041-49df-a827-7376d6efae3f">Re: What to do, What to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think going to a public park in your area, with you in a dress and a JOP, with some close friends can totally be done.  You can ask for everyone to bring something as a pot luck style OR you could have a picnic theme and and get gingham check ed table cloths, and make little like mini-sandwiches that everyone could nibble on.  Hook the IPOD up with your favorite tunes and bam you've got a wedding.  It might take a little more creative thinking, but if you want to share your day with the people you love and not go down to the courthouse, you can swing it!  You could bring a cooler and have ice cream sandwiches and treats.  I don't know, just some thoughts.
    Posted by TTnoles[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I would suggest!!  A Big ole party!  I think your family & friends will understand the budget and want to just be there foryou on the big day vs worrying about they will eat!
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • edited December 2011
    moonstone - the budget is $2000

everyone else - a big ol' party is what i'm shooting for but i've never ever planned a party before let alone a big ol' party...and the parties that i've been to involve keg stands and drunken rednecks almost falling in fire pits, LOL

maybe i am putting to much pressure on myself to have a certain type of wedding because thats how things are usually done...i don't know :(

SEVIN
  • edited December 2011
    take the pressure off!  If you are relaxed, our guests will be relaxed and have a good time.  You could swing a party in the park for $2000.  Let us know if you need any more help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A beautiful DIY wedding attainable on $2000 budget and TTNoles is right, if you are relaxed your guests will be too.

Your statement: "maybe i am putting to much pressure on myself to have a certain type of wedding because thats how things are usually done..." Do not worry about what "usually is done."  Yes, you may have to cut corners, but if there is anything I have learned in planning my wedding, pretty much anything goes these days...just make it about YOU & your FI and less about traditional wedding etiquette.

Knowing your budget is the easy part...knowing how to spend it the right way is the hard part!  Look for free stuff - you would be surprised what you can find or make.  Use coupons like crazy- get your bridal party in on it.  Give them a task and use them to help you out.  You can do it!! :)
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely go for the park idea. Take a day and go scout out some parks and find an area that is secluded from the rest. Ask people in your family to cook some dishes. If you need a photographer check out craigslist or modelmayhem.. find someone who is still in school and is willing to do it for the experience (or beer). Your wedding day is about you and your fiance affirming your life commitment together in front of your family and friends, not about ANYTHING else. I am in the same boat as you. I honestly don't even know how to come up with a budget because we are living paycheck to paycheck right now. We still have 16 months until the wedding though so I have time to think about what we can do. Don't stress. Just have fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards