Florida-West Coast
Options

Grand Plaza St. Pete Beach

Hi guys!!

I'm new to the board and I planning on holding my wedding on St. Pete Beach.  I came across the Grand Plaza Hotel Beachfront Resort & Conference Center, and so far it seems like a real keeper! I am seriously considering it. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone has had their wedding there and how was your experience?

TIA!!

Re: Grand Plaza St. Pete Beach

• Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have had my wedding there 100% but they wouldn't budge with me on time of ceremony, 6oclock.  If I was going to do a beach wedding I wanted my ceremony at 4 or 5 latest because on my date the sun set at 5:50 and if it was dark out by the time we started the reception it would defeat the purpose of that beautiful view from the room.   But I've never ever heard a bad review.  If you like it, I would def do it!  It's a great venue!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any info on the Grand Plaza, but just wanted to welcome you to the board.  Hope to see you around here more often!  Let us know what you decide on!
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a pretty popular venue in that area.  I looked there - I liked the reception room and set up.  I didn't like their aisles on the beach with built in palm trees - thought it looked tacky and guests can't see you walking down the aisle with trees in the way.  I also thought their prices were high - $140 for plated entree (for a Saturday night) which includes cake, but still high IMO.  I met with Diana and she was super nice and helpful.  GL
  • Options
    rehbkm2wedrehbkm2wed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the Grand Plaza too! I like the reception room, but thought the food prices were a little too high. Have you considered the Sirata Beach Resort right next door? They have a reception room on the 8th floor with 3 walls of windows overlooking the water. It's really gorgeous! The prices for the buffet range from $75-85. Good luck picking your venue!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Grand Plaza and loved it.  I was lucky enough to have friends with a huge home on the water so thats what I did.  One thing I tnoticed when looking at the venue, the ballroom is very small.  Also, the view is beautiful from the ballroom but, after dark you cant see anything at all.  I really liked the downstairs ballroom  and your guests can go outside on the deck if they smoke or just need some fresh air.  Good Luck...
  • Options
    nillachicknillachick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're getting married at the Grand Plaza.  Diana has been great to work with so far, and the views from the Presidential Ballroom is gorgeous.  The food prices are high - but I was sold when I saw the view.
    We also looked at Tradewinds and Sirata - Sirata is nice too, but didn't have the same view. 
    If you have any questions about the GP, email me - nillachick at comcast dot net.

• Options
    NicoleS2106NicoleS2106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info guys! I looked into the Sirata also and was actually going to use them but then I found out about the GP, and after really looking into them and doing some calculations, I'm actually saving a few grand. We would be using the $75 Buffet package including cake, and I'm not sure on the ballroom yet. I really like the upstairs one with the great view (Its actually nice that it's small because we aren't having many people there). But I also like the idea of using the one downstairs and being able to walk outside whenever you need/want (smokers are in the family).  The thing I dont like about the downstairs one, however, is the setup. I really dont care for the long tables, but then again, it makes it look a little more casual, which works because we don't want anything too formal. Idk yet, I'll just have to think about it.

But anyways, I'm not really that picky about the small stuff. And I love the fact that we would be saving money!

Sorry its kinda long and thanks so much for all your input!! I haven't heard of any bad reviews!  Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Grand Plaza and it was AMAZING.  The food was AWESOME.  Everyone (almost 1 year later) still talks about the food!  We used the Presidential Ballroom and loved it.  It is slightly small, but worked well for us.  We did a plated dinner and had around 100 people and we were fine.  We have smokers in the family, and it wasn't much trouble for them to go downstairs to smoke.  Everyone who works there is SO friendly, super helpful.  They take great care of the bride and groom.  I felt like a celebrity that day.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jencgator at yahoo.com
  • Options
    NicoleS2106NicoleS2106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks so much SSandJC!! This definitely makes me feel a little more confident. I sent you an email to talk to you some more about it, so watch for it!

Thanks!!

• Options
    heidilein13heidilein13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the GP on May 15th!  There were little things about the hotel that I wasn't all too thrilled with (all food being shuttled up in the elevator and no air conditioning in hallways), but they are minor b/c everybody there has been SUPER nice and once I walked into that Prez Ballroom upstairs....I WAS SOLD!  The views are breathtaking!  I am concerned about the ceremony being literally on the beach since ours is gonna be a bit more formal (the hubs in his military dress tux etc) and sand sand sand, but I'm hoping for the best.  All the reviews I've read on here and on tripadvisor.com have helped me feel more secure about my choice.  Congratulations! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards