Florida-West Coast
Options

Time to...

tell us about your partner!!!  What is going on with your better half?

1.) What does your FI do for a living or fill their time?

2.) When and Where did you meet?

3.) How long have you been together?

4.) When and where did you get proposed to?

5.) What is your favorite thing about them?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Time to...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is an organic chemist (I didn't know people like this existed until I met him)

We met at a networking event for young professionals, he got my number ;)

3 years this labor day

We got engaged at my parents house in their kitchen.  It felt very impromptou but there was a ring and he had asked my parents permission...very cute!

My fav. thing about him is that he is the happiest person I know.  He is always optimistic and keeps me going 24/7 with his enthusiasm!
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fi is a 4th grade teacher

We met at the school we were working at together

2 years

He out my ring on the x-mas tree. I was moving ornaments around to filling the bare area and saw the ring. I called to him that I found something and he got down on one knee and proposed.

The way he takes care of me and makes me laugh.
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He manages a SuperTarget and he fills his time with pointless basketball stats

Applebees sophomore year of college (and we went to schools in 2 different states! LOL)

3.) How long have you been together? 5 years

4.) When and where did you get proposed to? Parent's backyard with a fake tattoo

He's a laid-back guy that compliments this high-strung girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

SweetieBear...your FI sounds hilarious? did you freak out at the tattoo?

• Options
    rehbkm2wedrehbkm2wed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's a 4th year in medical school. 

We meet in undergrad at UF. 

We've been together for 5 amazing years!

He proposed in November 2009 at sunset on our hotel balcony on North Reddington Beach. I thought we were going for an overnight trip because we had a "free" night. But it was all set up by him so he could propose! 

The way he cares for me and makes me laugh all the time! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He's a psycho therapist

We met online (yahoo personals)

We've been together just over 3 years

He proposed while we were vacationing in Paris (not at the tower though on a cruise of the Seine river

He's extremely intelligent and very spiritual. My two favorite characteristics in people.

• Options
    navybride02navybride02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's a naval officer on a special operations submarine

We met in the fall of our senior year at prep school.

We've been together about 8 1/2 years 

He proposed my first night home on a vacation from the Peace Corps as we were going to sleep. 

He is mellow, it takes a lot to phase him or get under his skin. It's the perfect balance to my type-A personality.
  • Options
    Brandles17Brandles17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

He is a private contractor

We meet my freshman year of highschool

8 1/2 years!!

He proposed on March 25th of this year out on an island at sunset =)

He can always make me laugh and he makes sure I am happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Website
    199image 155image 44image 0image
    RSVP by September 22, 2010
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In grad school for food science. He watches the history channel and plays Mafia Wars!!!

In a friends apartment when I was in undergrad

5 years

2 months ago in Daytona Beach while parasailing

He's former chef.... the calories!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    NicoleB331NicoleB331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He runs his own business doing security work.
    We met through a mutual friend at a bar. Pretty amusing considering I really do not drink but our mutual friend begged me to go hang out.
    We just celebrated 3 years together.
    He proposed to me on an airplane the day after Christmas. We were flying to go spend Christmas with his family. I was a little shocked. For Christmas he had bought me a travel Scrabble game and when I went to open it on the airplane to play a game he had wrote out a proposal in Scrabble tiles.
    We completely understand each other without even having to say anything most of the time. Drama is no where in our relationship.
    Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image
  • Options
    blseveranceblseverance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:29ae1598-1ee9-4b91-b75f-73da14dba2b0Post:d68a4d9a-64c1-4600-a792-f01f984e3580">Time to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]tell us about your partner!!!  What is going on with your better half?
    He is a full time student at UTI for auto mechanics. 

We "met" on myspace through some message boards. After emailing, the phone calls, we eventually met in person June 25, 2005 at his place of employment.

5 years this September

We had spent the day out at St. Pete pier. After having a sunsent dinner on the patio, we walked to a nearby park that had all the trees uplighted. I sat on a bench and he dropped to one knee. March 7, 2010. :)

He counter balances with seriousness with goofiness. He allows me to be silly. He's also super protective of the people he loves or I love. He takes care of me and supports me.

Posted by TTnoles[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He is a building automation engineer.

Online- yep ladies, eHarmony does work!

Just over 2 years

He proposed to me last September, on the beach...he wrote it in the sand!

He cracks me up, all the time.  And, that he is so caring and always wants to make me happy.
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.) What does your FI do for a living or fill their time? He works for Boar's Head Provisions,he is going through training right now to become a Distributor for the company.

2.) When and Where did you meet? We met Freshman year at college (almost 5 years ago!!) We were both swimmers.

3.) How long have you been together? 5 years in August :)

4.) When and where did you get proposed to? December 2009, my parents house in front of the Christmas tree.

5.) What is your favorite thing about them? How Funny he is and how he is always making me laugh, the support he gives me and how adventurous and outgoing he is!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:29ae1598-1ee9-4b91-b75f-73da14dba2b0Post:762021fe-066a-4c24-acb9-a092139f4d60">Re: Time to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.) What does your FI do for a living or fill their time? He runs his own business doing security work. 2.) When and Where did you meet? We met through a mutual friend at a bar. Pretty amusing considering I really do not drink but our mutual friend begged me to go hang out. 3.) How long have you been together? We just celebrated 3 years together. 4.) When and where did you get proposed to? <em>He proposed to me on an airplane the day after Christmas. We were flying to go spend Christmas with his family. I was a little shocked. For Christmas he had bought me a travel Scrabble game and when I went to open it on the airplane to play a game he had wrote out a proposal in Scrabble tiles.</em> 5.) What is your favorite thing about them? We completely understand each other without even having to say anything most of the time. Drama is no where in our relationship.
    Posted by NicoleB331[/QUOTE]

That is too freaking cute!
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:29ae1598-1ee9-4b91-b75f-73da14dba2b0Post:938657a7-c278-4556-acc3-c9323c70135c">Re: Time to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]SweetieBear...your FI sounds hilarious? did you freak out at the tattoo?
    Posted by TTnoles[/QUOTE]

YES!!!! I was so frustrated at the possibility that he got <em>another</em> tattoo that I didn't read it. LOL Everyone was screaming and I was pouting. Luckily, his best friend caught it all on tape (including my stupefied face) and sent it to all our relatives.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh, how fun! :)

He works for Allstate in the Homeowners Claims division and is the Worship Leader at our church.

We met in 7th grade at school almost 17 years ago!  holy moly...

Known each other since we were 12, but only been together for 2 years.

Chavis surprised me with a proposal in front of our entire church during a Talent Show.  He went up to perform a song on the piano and asked me to come up and help him and as I started walking up he began to play "Here Comes the Bride" and I lost it!  Best moment of my life so far!

I know it sounds cliche, but he is honestly my best friend.  I can be myself 100% around him and I know he loves me completely.  We laugh until our bellys ache and our faith in God is at the center of our lives because without Him there would be no "us".

Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    jtritchjtritch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's a manager for some IT groups at BrightHouse

My best friend bought a house across the street from Corey.  And we met at one of her parties and then she played matchmaker.

4 1/2 years

Labor Day weekend, 2009 in front of the Wishing Well at the Magic Kingdom at Disney. 

He's the laid back yang to my high strung yin.   And he keeps me laughing.   
  • Options
    sunnii24sunnii24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He is a Chef

We actually met at work.  He was cooking and I was bartending at the time.

3 years

he proposed Last July 7.  He actually work me up on July 5 and said lets spend the day together and go look at rings.  We went to Jared and decided on the ring.  We paid for it then, but he said he was not proposing just yet.  So, on July 7 after I had come home from work he had made a nice dinner and had some roses for me and asked me,  He said he had to wait a couple days because he needed to speak with my mother first and make sure she was ok with it. 

Besides his yummy cooking~he makes me laugh and keeps me grounded.  I am normally and worrier and like to plan EVERYTHING.  He is more fly by the seat of your pants.  He helps me relax when I worry over stupid things.  I am so happy I have found him!!
    Happy Planning, ~Sunnii24~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:29ae1598-1ee9-4b91-b75f-73da14dba2b0Post:b4b11447-5722-44fd-bbac-caf6b7d8ad68">Re: Time to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, how fun! :) 1.) What does your FI do for a living or fill their time? He works for Allstate in the Homeowners Claims division and is the Worship Leader at our church. 2.) When and Where did you meet? We met in 7th grade at school almost 17 years ago!  holy moly... 3.) How long have you been together? Known each other since we were 12, but only been together for 2 years. 4.) When and where did you get proposed to? Chavis surprised me with a proposal in front of our entire church during a Talent Show.  He went up to perform a song on the piano and asked me to come up and help him and as I started walking up he began to play "Here Comes the Bride" and I lost it!  Best moment of my life so far! 5.) What is your favorite thing about them? I know it sounds cliche, but he is honestly my best friend.  I can be myself 100% around him and I know he loves me completely.  We laugh until our bellys ache and our faith in God is at the center of our lives because without Him there would be no "us".
    Posted by Bre2Be[/QUOTE]
    Awwww
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fi is a team lead at Progressive in the Customer service area. In his free time he loves video games and is curretly teaching himself to be a computer programer.

We meet in 2008 @ his job. He and my mom worked 1 cubicle away from each other.

Just over 2 years.

Nov 27 2009 @ Bok Towers Garden.

His sincerity and he isn't afraid to tell me excatly how he feels.
  • Options
    srqchristinesrqchristine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

tell us about your partner!!!  What is going on with your better half?

Mechanical engineer.
    We met on Cinqo de Mayo.  Through a meet-up group.
    KNown each other for 2 years, been dating 18 months
    January 22, 2010, in Rome, Italy. 
    he has the sexiest brain!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards