Florida-West Coast
Options

Ouch, FSIL, Ouch...

So I have a FB group for my BMs to make communication with them as easy as possible. I sent out a message asking them if they could meet a few days after new years on the weekend to pick out their dresses (each girl is picking their own style at the store, just same color). I did this so girls w/ jobs would be off and BMs in school would be on Christmas break still. FSIL never responded but I saw her at dinner tonight and asked her about it. She makes this weird attitude-y face and says "oh...ya...well, I have to work". I then reminded her it was a Sat. and she said "oh really? well I won't be in town on New Year's"...uh, ok..well neither will most of the girls but they are coming the few days after to go shopping. She lives 2 hours away and most of my girls live 2-6 hours away so it's not a distance thing. She then just told me to put her in anything, to which I reminded her that every girl is picking her own. She then asked if she could just look online or something. This girl has been a bride, BM a mil times, and a MOH, so she knows the drill and has always been super BM! Why she seems so disinterested in her own lil bro's wedding is beyond me and honestly, I'm pretty hurt. She basically decided she wasn't coming before she even had a legit excuse not too. What gives?

Re: Ouch, FSIL, Ouch...

• Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that she is doing this. Hopefully she will be able to make it to pick hers out and enjoy the bonding time with you and the other BMs
  • Options
    dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is she a drama type of person?  I work with a girl who's getting married and her SIL is a BM.  This BM always wants the light on her and when the light is on someone else, she mopes and pouts until it's back on her.  GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had something like that with my own sister and MOH, she could be jealous that the light is on you and her brother or maybe she isn't quite ready to admit that her baby brother is growing up and getting married.  Give her a litte bit of time and remind her again in two weeks.  If she is still giving you a hard time then you may need to spend some one-on-one time with her or have your FI talk to her to make sure she is OK.  It is a pain but this approach has helped a lot in my situation.  Maybe even ask her to help you with some special tasks so that she feels more appreciated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I will try her again in a few weeks....I think I've pinned her down to go shopping during Christmas break when she IS in town so hopefully that will help. I will try to maybe call her a little more, I guess so she will feel a little more comfortable w/ everything
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!  I can say things are better in my situation so hopefully it will get better for you soon too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards