Florida-West Coast
Options

Venue HELP! Tampa Bay Area

We are planning a small private ceremony for about 40 immediate family members and local friends.  I am Catholic and my fiance' is Jewish.  We have permission to hold our ceremony outside of the church but we are struggling to find a venue that fits our taste and the church's requirements.  We have always dreamed of holding our wedding on the beach but were told that is not possible.  Any suggestions?  

Re: Venue HELP! Tampa Bay Area

• Options
    The Rusty Pelican has several room sizes.
  • Options
    The Grand Hyatt on the Causeway in Tampa has a little beach area for intimate outdoor ceremonies. The hotel itself and their ballroom are both beautiful. I would definitely give that a try.
  • Options
    I am confused. Who told you it was not possible?  The church?  Are they against a beach or are you stating there isn't a nice beach for your wedding?

Ideas for beach:

Sunset Beach - Lions Club
    Isla Del Sol - Tierra Verde
    Tons of hotels on beaches

Non beaches -

Don Vincente Hotel - Ybor  - stunning
    Davis Island womens club

Non beach but on water -

Clearwater rec center
    St Petersburg Beach rec center
    Tampa Bay Watch
    Isla Del Sol

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_venue-help-tampa-bay-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:32e03ee3-2918-4d05-a68a-db90fc7f384fPost:f97b9a9c-8d40-4392-bbb0-297360e2e3bc">Venue HELP! Tampa Bay Area</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are planning a small private ceremony for about 40 immediate family members and local friends.  I am Catholic and my fiance' is Jewish.  We have permission to hold our ceremony outside of the church but we are struggling to find a venue that fits our taste and the church's requirements.  We have always dreamed of holding our wedding on the beach but were told that is not possible.  Any suggestions?  
    Posted by karynandjoe[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I too would like to know what you mean that getting married on the beach is not possible.

Every single time we go to Sand Key, there's been a wedding there.  Here are the details of the permit you have to get:  http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/15_sand_key.htm
  • Options
    We were told by the church they would not marry us on the beach.  Thank you for your suggestions.  Greatly appreciated.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_venue-help-tampa-bay-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:32e03ee3-2918-4d05-a68a-db90fc7f384fPost:ef59fb54-7918-4fc2-a951-216b6eaf5560">Re: Venue HELP! Tampa Bay Area</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am confused. Who told you it was not possible?  The church?  Are they against a beach or are you stating there isn't a nice beach for your wedding? Ideas for beach: Sunset Beach - Lions Club Isla Del Sol - Tierra Verde Tons of hotels on beaches Non beaches - Don Vincente Hotel - Ybor  - stunning Davis Island womens club Non beach but on water - Clearwater rec center St Petersburg Beach rec center Tampa Bay Watch Isla Del Sol In Response to Venue HELP! Tampa Bay Area :
    Posted by Lechillura[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards