Ohio-Cincinnati

Rhodium Dipping for White Gold Rings

Hello! I wanted to give a quick review/recommendation for those who have white gold rings. I was asking about this in June before my wedding because my white gold e-ring was turning a little yellowish is parts. I took the ring to Jared in Kenwood (not where I purchased the ring). They were very friendly. The rhodium dipping cost was $30 and it took less than an hour. Had it done the day before the wedding. After I had this done, not only did the ring look truly white gold again, but ALL the scratches were gone! it looked brand new! I couldn't believe it!! I didn't even wear it again until the wedding day because it looked sooo perfect :) So, I would highly recommend this to any white gold ring wearers!! :)
imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Re: Rhodium Dipping for White Gold Rings

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this!! I was wondering about doing this prior to the wedding too!!! Good to know it's not super expensive!!! :)
    Anniversary
  • Mrs42509Mrs42509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did this too!  I didn't wear mine though for the whole week before the wedding cause it was so pretty I didn't want to scratch it lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Another FYI I wasn't aware of was the since my ring ( purchased at Zales) has a warranty, it can be rhodium dipped or professional cleaned for free anytime! I will definatly have this done again before wedding. Smart Fiance for getting a warranty!
  • DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My came from Kay jewelers and I get mine cleaned and dipped for free also! It's worth looking into to see if the place you bought your ring will do this for you!
  • AMBN0102AMBN0102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ring was also bought from KAY, so I will def. check into it. Lord knows my ring could use a nice cleaning.
  • onlymelsonlymels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could wear my white gold ring.. I seem to be allergic to everything even platinum. We're going to try tungston rings and if they break me out I think we're giving up and getting tattoos done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards