Florida-West Coast

Steel Drum player???

I am thinking of hiring 1 steel drum player to play during our outdoor cocktail hour. We are having our wedding at the Ritz Beach Club and were down there today for an appointment. The hotel's recommendation charges $400-500 for just the hour!! That seems a bit crazy to me.

Can anyone recommend someone? Or even something else tropical sounding for our cocktail hour? Looking to spend $100-150 for just the hour needed.

thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Steel Drum player???

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked on gigmasters?
    That is where we found our guitarist and bagpipe player.
    I know they have steel drum players on there?

Good luck
  • Sarah K. B.Sarah K. B. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mello Vibes is excellent and in your price range. Or you can arrange for your DJ to play their keyboard on the steel drum setting. I'm doing that for my ceremony and cocktail hour. Just one word of advice, steel drums get, well...annoying after 15 minutes of just that. I would suggest vocals or drums to go along to get the vibe upbeat for your arrival.

Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for, but definitely check out Mello Vibes.
  • alueshen9806alueshen9806 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Joe Braccio and his prices are the best we found. He teaches at the college so just does weddings on the side. Would fit your price range. GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards