Florida-West Coast

Photographer suggestions?

Looking for a photographer either near Sarasota or willing to travel to that area.  Any advice?

Re: Photographer suggestions?

• jennifer80808jennifer80808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Limelight!!  They are amazing - and travel anywhere!!!
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • edited December 2011
    Jason Angelini, he was great!!!
  • edited December 2011
    kenzie shores
    She just shot my wedding on May 1st.
    Her and her husband are awesome!
    they are so much fun. I am eagerly awaiting my picts.
    My wedding was in Sarasota

• mego36mego36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Kimberly Dyer.  She has been great to work with so far
    TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Gary Kaplan.  He's very artsy with his photographs so that would have to be a taste you would like.

garykaplanphotography.com
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Kimberly Dyer.  She was wonderful to work with. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Andy Martin. hes great!!
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phillip Lloyd's Work is AHHHMAZING, but pricey (you get what you pay for i guess). I am using Jason Angelini and LOVE his work as well.
  • edited December 2011

We looooooooved our photographer: Dawn Haas http://www.dawnhaas.blogspot.com/

her prices were reasonable and she did a great job for our engagement photos and wedding...I also recommend her adding her photobooth to her package, the guests love it!

• Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Marina with In True Colors photography, she is very nice and very flexible with prices. She gets back to you very quickly too if you have any questions.I've heard a lot of good things about Jason as well, we did talk to a few of the photographers before we settled, so I recommend to meet at least 3.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Cj Shelker! She has an amazing portfolio. Her background is in fine art, so you won't see any cookie cutter photos. I love her fun and outgoing personality.

www.cjshelker.com
  • edited December 2011
    Phillip LLoyd can be pricey, but not anymore than Limelight or Dawn Haas. Photography was our one big splurge. When you think about it the pictures are the only thing that will last you a lifetime after the day is over. So it makes sense to make sure they are amazing. 
    My one suggestion when picking a photographer is to have them show you a complete wedding day shoot. You get a better sense of what they are about, of course you are always going to put the best shots on your blog. So make sure you are happy with there complete work.
    GL!
  • edited December 2011
    ^ agreed,

If you want to see my whole day of photos from Dawn just let me know, I'd be happy to share them.
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Todd Gilman. He was recommend by 3 other people at my work who used him. He is in Lutz, but is going down  to Anna Maria Island for me. Let me know if you would like his info.
  • TX2NCTX2NC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Brian Idocks... SUPER excited about him!!!!! 
  • navybride02navybride02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Barbara Banks in Sarasota, she's a very well known photographer in town and does AMAZING work. We actually just got our pics back this weekend and we're so, so very happy with how they all turned out. Photography was a splurge for us and I just really love her style. I would definitely recommend her!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Heather Harris. Cannot recommend her enough!
  • Golfer'sLadyGolfer'sLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Valerie Joy Photography - she was wonderful!

www.valeriejoy.com
  • edited December 2011
    Gary Kaplan Photography.com
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding was last weekend - we used Erick Runyon at www.ephotographics.net  LOVED him.  we also have all our pics back already, which is awesome.   I'm going to work on full reviews today, but he was great.
    A few pics on his blog from our TTD session on Monday:  http://ephotographicsgroup.blogspot.com/
    Photobucket
  • xHannahBearxxHannahBearx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JHunterPhotography.com is based both in the Keys and Treasure Coast and don't charge for travel anywhere within the state
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards