Florida-West Coast

Took the day off for wedding errands!

So today I have 3 exciting wedding tasks ahead of me. I'm going to pick my BM up after her kids go to school so we can head up to the venue to get some things planned out, questions answered. I haven't seen the place since we first toured it a year ago, so I'm really excited to go back. Then I have a trip to the caterer to flesh out our menu. I think what I'm most excited for though, is my appointment tonight. My first fitting -- the first time wearing my dress since I picked it up back in April. I'm going to The Dressing Room, which I've heard amazing things about. I'm so excited. I just hope it still fits. I didn't lose the weight I was hoping to (it fit before I started my weight loss routine, so it should be ok), but I was hoping to lose more by now. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I just want it shortened, bustled, and I want to have them take out the zipper in back and replace it with a lace-up. I know it'll be costly, but I SO prefer the lace up in the back...plus it gives me a little wiggle room with the weight, lol. SOOOOO excited!!
"Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free..."
~Mumford and Sons
Anniversary

Re: Took the day off for wedding errands!

• Exciting! Have fun!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Thanks! The venue visit was a lot of fun -- my BM went with me (it was her first time seeing the place) and it was so great to walk the grounds and see all the great photo ops there'll be. We got lots of details worked out, and I feel really good about things there.

I was actually very anxious and, well, I'll admit it -- terrified about my fitting. When I bought my dress last year, I had lost about 40lbs and felt confident that the loss would continue. But scheduling and life got in the way and I actually ended up gaining a bit back (I know, my fault), and I was terrified that the dress would be too small to fix. Turns out, it fits like a glove, and he's going to be able to do what I want to it (take out the zipper back and put in a lace-up) and it's going to be beautiful. I feel such a HUGE sense of relief...and I have almost a month until I go back, which gives me enough time to drop a few more pounds to make it fit a little better. Which I WILL do... :) The dress is no longer in my closet making me feel anxious every morning when I look at it, and the tailor was simply the sweetest man ever, so I feel confident that this dress will look like it was made for me when he's done with it. I'm so excited to see what he does with it!
    "Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free..."
    ~Mumford and Sons
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards