Florida-West Coast

QOTD- 7/25

How much say do your parents and ILs have in your wedding?

Re: QOTD- 7/25

• edited December 2011
    They didn't really have a say, I was the first to get married that they had known so I was on my own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We decided to pay for our entire wedding on our own SPECIFICALLY so they could have no say. We've allowed them to express whom they'd like invited, and we've asked if there is any music they'd like to hear, but otherwise, it's by design so they will BUTT OUT!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents are paying for everything, but told me it is my wedding.  My Mom offers suggestions, but if I say no, that's the end of it.  Both sets of parents are great.  I guess we're pretty lucky.
  • adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom had some say, but we have pretty similar tastes so that wasn't a problem.  His parents had no say.  
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents really have had no say in anything. I've been on my own planning everything so I just kind of keep everyone up to date.
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    His parents had a guest list and are the photographers so they are just making sure I make timelines and lists for them.My grandmother only has a say in my bouquet as she is making both, and my mother has no say whatsoever lol.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • blseveranceblseverance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In laws are divorced so I got guest lists from both.. Other than that, we told them when to show up... My mom was with me every step of the way. She offered advice (which I normally ignored).. My parents have been married 31 years and had no wedding. I'm their youngest and the only one to have a big wedding. SO they were fine with sitting back and letting me run with my ideas. I was truly blessed! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_qotd-725?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:61296c00-5be8-4da6-8646-fd0129d9e150Post:73f326e9-7fa9-4009-a19d-6a0b86710c25">Re: QOTD- 7/25</a>:
    [QUOTE]We decided to pay for our entire wedding on our own SPECIFICALLY so they could have no say. We've allowed them to express whom they'd like invited, and we've asked if there is any music they'd like to hear, but otherwise, it's by design so they will BUTT OUT!
    Posted by ellentravis[/QUOTE]

Exactly, my money my wedding. I consider opinions and have full veto power (and so far I have only put my foot down on stuff that would make FI and I uncomfortable.)
    image 110 Invited
    image 76 Are Ready to Party! image 34 Are Missing Out image0 Need to Respond
    RSVP Date: February 21

March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Rings image
    Mine imageHis My Wedding Blog(Updated Daily) Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards