Florida-West Coast

NWR: Tampa Apartments

Hey hopefully you girls can help. I'm looking for an appartment in south tampa near one of the bridges as FI will be going to stetson law in gulport but I'll work near the fairgrounds. Everywhere we have looked seems to have terrible reviews. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Re: NWR: Tampa Apartments

• South Tampa is one of the older areas in Tampa.  I'm not sure there are going to be many newer/nicer properties.  The only ones I can think of are places I wouldn't recommend.   

I know there are some companies rennovating in Hyde Park, but those get pricey.  I will check with some friends and see if we can think of something to help.

• Just a suggestion - but you could also look at St. Petersburg -- the area right over the Gandy Bridge or the Howard Franklin Bridge. Right on the interstates and it would make the commute about 30 mins for both of you if there wasn't traffic... I know there are apartments in that area because a lot of commuters live there! Good luck.

Hyde Park/S Tampa will be more expensive in my opinion. It's a nice place to live just pricier! Stetson is pretty far down south in St Pete so that would be a hard commute in back to back traffic on the interstate!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Post Hyde Park apartments is nice! It is a couple walking blocks from the bars and restaurants, but only about 25 minutes from st Pete (my FI does the drive daily) or closer to 30-35 with during PM rush hour. These apartments are nice, Post generally has a good reputation. They aren't  brand new and super expensive, but they arent older and run down like most of south Tampa. South Tampa is a bit more expensive (about $1150 for 1 bedroom) but you get what you pay for so it all depends on the area you are looking for--good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the help! We were looking at Camden properties which seemed decent but the reviews were terrible, really scared me. We were also looking at West Port Colony on the St. Pete side. I"ll take a look at Post Hyde Park too. 

• Also, i have lived in Post Rocky Point, still in Tampa, right near the highway, but cheaper than south tampa. The property is right on the bay and so beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the Post properties but they are a little on the pricey side. We are trying to say between 800-900$
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    My friends live at Camden on S. Westshore and I stay with them during wedding planning weekends. They like their place and I think its nice
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards