Florida-West Coast
Options

***Vendor Reviews, 2/11/12 Wedding***

Vendor reviews really helped me when I was planning my wedding, so I thought I would pay it forward. :) I had great vendors (with one exception). Feel free to message me if you want more info.

Venue: Tampa Bay Watch
Grade: A
Laura at the Watch is super sweet and returned all my emails quickly. She also keeps a blog of the weddings held at the venue, which was extremely helpful in envisioning the space. And this is a nonprofit folks, so your money goes to environmental projects, awareness and education. As you can see by the length of this post, this is one of those venues where you get to choose EVERYTHING, lol.

Flowers: FH Weddings
No problems with the florist whatsoever, they came on time and set up/cleaned up everything, including the chairs and the ceremony arch. My bouquet was breathtaking, I didn't want to put it down! I wish I had paid for them to mock up a centerpiece though, because the image in my mind didn't match up perfectly with the reality.

Lighting: Decorating Elves
Showed up early, hung all of our paper lanterns and the place looked great! They allowed us to purchase our own colored paper lanterns (unlighted) which was a huge savings.

Coordinator: Meghan Campbell, Dream Day Productions

Grade: A+

Meghan, a former florist, is the owner/operator of the business, marketed solely through word of mouth and based in Venice, Fla. She worked out perfectly as our day of coordinator for our wedding, literally taking care of every little detail exactly as I would. I think she can read minds or something. I searched this board for a reasonably priced coordinator, and Meghan came highly recommended by other knotties.

Officiant: The Rev. Michael DeArruda
I can't say enough good things about Michael. He is a class act! I went searching for officiants on the Knot and saw his picture, and thought "Wow, that's exactly the kind of person I imagined would marry me." From the very first meeting I knew it would work out beautifully. We completely customized our ceremony, even writing “our story” into the script. Humor in all the right places (it was a windy day, he made a remark about it that had everyone chuckling). He’s a great speaker.

Transportation: Super Shuttle

Grade: D

Guests did not get picked up on time, we had to start our ceremony 15 minutes late because of that, the drivers DID NOT use common sense in picking up guests from hotels and started calling me right before my wedding and asking inane questions. This vendor was recommended to me by my venue, otherwise I wouldn’t have considered them.

Caterer: Puff N Stuff Catering

DELICIOUS food, servers were great. We did some tastings at other caterers before this one, and they blew the competition away. If you can afford them, BOOK THEM!!! Guests raved about the food.

Cake: MAD Bakers

Full disclosure: This baker is based in Ohio and is a longtime family friend of the groom. That said, if you are planning a wedding in Ohio, this is the baker to choose. Lyndsay also made delicious Kentucky bourbon balls and Ohio buckeyes candies for me that we set out for cocktail hour – a total hit. (I’m from KY, DH is from OH.) So brides looking for sweet treats like that for your wedding, consider MAD Bakers. They take online orders and ship to you.

Hair and Makeup: Destiny & Light

Both moms and three of my bridesmaids got hair and airbrush makeup done by Priscilla and her crew. They showed up on time, made all of us look gorgeous and were bubbly and sweet the whole time. I even requested a few adjustments to my makeup, it did not phase the stylists a bit (I like a very natural look). I had a trial with a different stylist before I hired D&L, so glad I didn’t hire anyone else!

Photo: Life Long Studios

Grade: A+ (based on engagement session, haven’t seen wedding images yet!)

Buffy and George shot my wedding, and they were so fun to work with! I can’t wait to see the images!!!

Bartender: Spunky Spirits

This company allows you to buy your own liquor, wine and beer to serve, which was great. I let DH take care of all that, he had a ball! We received many compliments on the bar staff.

DJ: Grant Hemond

Jody was our DJ, and he definitely knew how to get people on the dance floor. Announcements were not a problem, he was very comfortable with the mic. His advice on when to play what music was invaluable.

Re: ***Vendor Reviews, 2/11/12 Wedding***

• Options
    Glad to hear that it all went so well!  Congratulations!!
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
  • Options
    Congrats!!
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Congratulations! Sounds like a perfect day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards