Florida-West Coast

FL Themed wedding ideas?

Hey Knotties,
I need ideas for the magazine. I need to know what you’re are doing or what you did to make your wedding special. I would specifically like to know if you’re doing anything Flordia-y for your wedding. Cool FLfood, favors, music etc?

Thanks,
KA

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: FL Themed wedding ideas?

• edited December 2011
    Our whole theme is "Old Florida"!  Our venue is a lighthouse...and most importantly-lots of Gator stuff! 
  • petdoc2010petdoc2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My centerpieces are 9x9" square vases filled with citrus fruits (limes, lemons, tangerines), which I thought would be great for a wedding in Florida in the summer.  It also is super cheap, way cheaper than floral centerpieces.
  • edited December 2011
    We are making sure to use local flavors in our catering (gulf shrimp, stone crab claws, cirtus-y type flavors). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Before the rehearsal dinner, we have rented a sailing yacht for our family and bridal party.  It will be before and lasthing through sunset and we'll tour around St. Pete watching for dolphins, sipping champagne and listening to music.  It will be a great way to kick off our wedding weekend.  So excited!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lokimaulokimau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mine is something so different for florida. we are trying to a waterfront dark vintage wedding. so far so good, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards