Florida-West Coast

DJs -- if price were no object

Hi, all,

You've given me great advice in the past, so I'm  hoping I can come to you now:). Got a few DJ recommendations to go through, but haven't been bowled over yet. I'm a singer, he works with musicians and both our families are full of musicians, so a professional DJ who really knows what he's doing is worth his weight in gold to us. Any brides out there like this?

If price were absolutel.y of no concern, who's the DJ you would want to be your Master of Ceremonies, to get your guests dancing, who would coordinate so professionally with your venue and photographers  and would make everything go flawlessly?

Thanks for your insight, and good luck with all the plans!

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: DJs -- if price were no object

• jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am going with Grant Hemmond, tons of great reviews and they really have great customer service.

Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Tati316Tati316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GRANT HEMOND we just used Craig Hemond and he was amazing... 
  • I used Rob Swords!  He was awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Rob Sword did a great job at my wedding! I also have a family with professional musicians :)
  • edited December 2011
    Girls, this is great! I talked to Rob Swords today. He says he does "lighting" too. What is that? I mean, I can't envision what he does. Nothing cheezy or strobe-lighty please!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • mpgatormpgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can get uplighting, which is just stationary light aimed at the walls. We are getting it. It's not cheesy. My photographer says that uplighting makes for better photos too.

I am going with Grant Hemmond too. They were highly recommended by my venue, who does a lot of 'price is no object' events. GH does lighting too
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love my dj!
  • edited December 2011

I just had DJ Dan Willams from Sword Sounds. He was fantastic!  The music was great and everyone was on the dance floor so long we extended the reception.  And, not only was the music fantatsic...he was so helpful and nice.  He kept us on track the whole night and even helped with timiing for our outdoor ceremony.  I HIGHLY reccomend him.  Also, if you mention to Sword Sounds you found them on the knot he might give you a discount.  They are the most reasonably priced dj I found and he really was amazing!  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards