Florida-West Coast

Fort Myers area venues...??

I grew up in Fort Myers... So this should be easy, right?! I can't find an affordable place to have our wedding. The Edison, Burroughs, and Heitman houses are all a little out of our reach. We're looking to have 75 guests, and we plan on feeding them a nice dinner... But $2500 for just the venue seems a bit much. (Especially when catering is going to cost us a fortune!) I'm seriously out of ideas at this point... The only affordable option I have is Koreshan State Park as a ceremony site, for $125 (but we have to rent ceremony chairs, etc.) Any ideas?? We're willing to go with Naples, Port Charlotte, etc. Pretty much anywhere within an hour of Ft. Myers.

Re: Fort Myers area venues...??

• edited December 2011
    Check out the new resort in Cape Coral at Tarpon Point called The Resort at Marina Village. I am getting married there. It is absolutely beautiful and you will never believe it's in the Cape. Other places that were more affordable that we looked at included the Pink Shell and country clubs like Fiddlesticks, the Renaissance, Legends, etc. I have heard Gulf Harbor is very nice. Also check out bigger restaurants like Ellington's on Sanibel- it may be less expensive than a resort venue. What I found helpful was to say "this is our our budget. Can you work with that for x number of people?" and be flexible with the food options. Good luck-finding a good affordable venue in this area was tough :)
  • edited December 2011
    Also check out Rum Runners restaurant in the Cape if you are looking into restaurant venues and the Mucky Duck and Green Flash on Sanibel
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would check EVERY single country club in the Lee/Collier county areas.  They are a STEAL right now due to the economy.  Kensingon, Miramar, and several others i looked at were RIDICULOUSLY reasonable and they were throwing business at us.  I went to a wedding at Kensington recently and it was absoliutely beautiful.  Plus it's all inclusive so you get food, beverage, coordinator with your pp fee.  I would check those out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Grandezza is another nice club :)
  • lmrealelmreale member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Tarpon Point as well. :) My friend just got married at Grandezza and it was beautiful. 
  • ames61583ames61583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Diamondhead Beach Resort & Spa on FMB. Our ceremony is outside, with an hr cocktail hr, then heading inside for the reception. They are VERY reasonable. I asked the caterer for an estimate off of how many people, and he gave me a price wayyyyyyyyyy lower than I ever expected, and that included EVERYTHING, including taxes.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards