Florida-West Coast
Options

Destiny and Light Hair and Makeup Group????

Looking for any information and or reviews on this Hair stylist, the only reviews on her site date back to 2008. 

Daughter getting married 10/1/11 and need to book someone soon but don't want to jump the gun without more info than their site provides.

Thanks in advance

Re: Destiny and Light Hair and Makeup Group????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend actually works for them! She is doing my hair and makeup and is amazing! She loves working for the company and it sounds like it is a great group of girls that are all very talented. I know some other brides on here have used them and loved them! Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used them for my wedding this past October.  You should check out weddingwire.com for reviews.  There are a bunch of recent ones posted there including mine.  Here is my detailed review below.  Hope this helps!

I came to WeddingWire looking for reviews for a great hair and makeup stylist. I read how great Priscilla was and contacted her 9 months before my wedding. She was already booked for my wedding day, but Priscilla told me she would have the artist who did her hair and makeup for her own wedding assigned to do mine. 

Two months before my wedding, I contacted Priscilla to set up a trial before my bridal shower. Unfortunately, the artist who was originally assigned to me had some medical issues that prevented her from doing my wedding. But, Priscilla told me not to worry she had 2 other artists who could do my trial and my wedding. They both came and did my hair and makeup before my shower and it was beautiful! I was very pleased. 

About a week before my wedding Priscilla called me to inform me that the hair stylist who did my trial was not going to be able to do my wedding. I started to panic, but she assured me she had someone else who could do my hair. I trusted Priscilla to come through for me. 

On my wedding day, I met Lucy for the first time who was going to do my hair and Lori who did my makeup at the trial. I reviewed the inspiration photos I wanted for my hair with Lucy. As I was sitting in the chair I was understandably a little anxious. But, when she handed me the mirror and showed me the final look I was in awe! It was even more spectacular than the pictures! Both Lori and Lucy gave me the most perfect 1940’s glamour look that I was going for. Everyone told me that I looked like I stepped out of an old Hollywood movie. I was thrilled! They stuck to a perfect timeline and were able to complete looks for myself, my mom, sister, and Maid of Honor on time with no problems. Even with the slight anxiety before the wedding, it was all worth it in the end. Priscilla and her “Glam Squad” came through for me in a big way. Thank you! 
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    steak4mesteak4me member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your information will definitely pass along to my daughter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am actually doing my trail for makeup with them tonight! My mom is a hairdresser, so we are all getting our hair done with girls from her salon, but I liked Destiny & Light for makeup a lot just based a lot on weddingwire.com and the emails so far between myself and Priscilla (the owner). Hoping it goes well tonight!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards