Florida-West Coast
Options

Any St. Pete Beach Vendors Suggestions?

Hello ladies,  I am starting to make some headway with my preliminary planning.  Being in VT, it is difficult for me to select vendors in person.  We just secured our venue at Tradewinds and are really looking forward to the "real" planning process now that we have a set date and location.

Here's a little about our wedding: Oct 28, 2010, on the beach but no "theme," romantic with a modern twist, fun, laid back, fewer than 75 people, under $15k budget, not really a DIY-er or "in the know" type. 

I already have a good idea who I want for photos and music, based on all your prior discussions!  Thanks!

Any suggestions in these categories are welcome because I have NO CLUE:

Officiant
We're not religious and want a quickie ceremony without a lot of fluff

Florists/Designers (simple arrangements, nothing crazy)
I have heard good things about Carter's so far

Linens (if not arranged thru the designer)

Bakeries
We aren't necessarily looking for a traditional tiered cake.  We might do 3-4 single round cakes in different flavors, maybe even key lime pie for one of them.  I have heard good things about Publix supermarket.  Money talks.

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any St. Pete Beach Vendors Suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, for a florist you may want to check out Fishhawk Florist.. Stephanie is very sweet and will work within whatever your budget is.

For the cake.. I would recommend Chef Nelson... our cake tasting was very yummy and he usually has some kind of special (we got a cake for 85 people for $150 plus delivery charge back in October). And you can get different flavors.

GL and Congrats!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Great choice on the Tradewinds! We are having our wedding there in June! I don't know who you're working with, but I'm working with Renee and she is VERY helpful! :) As for cakes, I agree with pp. I am also using Chef Nelson and his prices came in far below anyone else I got quotes from (got about 3 more quotes).  We're getting 4 tiers that feed about 150 for $375.  For the linens I'm using Custom Linens because their prices came in way below everyone elses prices (and I quoted about 3 others here too). We are having one of our personal friends marry us. As far as her layout goes it's just the typical vows, but we can add or remove whatever we want. She was already a notary for the state of Florida, and that's enough to get us legally married so it works! But since money talks, you can get one of your friends certified online to marry you. Good Luck! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding in St. Pete at Mirror Lake Lyceum, so these vendors should easily be able to come out to St. Pete Beach as well. Our florist is Delma's The Flower Booth. My boss used them for her 4/09 wedding, flowers were GORGEOUS and prices were extremely reasonable, and ours came in well under the budget I gave her, so I'm thrilled about that and really excited to see the final product! Our cake is included in our catering package, the bakery is A Better Cheesecake, not exactly sure of their prices but I think they would be pretty reasonable. Good luck with your planning! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'm off to a good start, anyway!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Florist I would recommend Fishawk Florist (Stephanie) she is amazing!!
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards