Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

I decided between the two! - Now all of my questions!

Okay so after reading a lot of your responses and having a week to think I decided to go with the Sharonville location. I thought I would have this decision made last week but she was out of town and I went today and saw both locations again and Elements is the one I want.They have a list of preferred vendors so I thought before I set up any meetings I would ask for recommendations and see what people say. I dont have to go with any of these vendors, but this is their perfered list and if I can stick with who they work with then I can get a discount with these vendors.Hotel: Staybridge in Union Center, has anyone used them? I do have about 25 guests coming in from out of town. Does anyone recommend any other hotels?Flowers: Fassler florist, the girl at Elements says they are great. But they are so far and I have heard from other people that they are really expensive.Photo/Video: She recommended Michael Bambino and Daniel Michael. I have heard a lot of things about Michael Bambinos company does anyone have any thoughts on him? I looked at Daniel Michaels website, it looks nice but they don't do any video. Do you recommend going with the same person for photo or video?Cake: Patrcia wedding cake. How much cake do you recommend ordering anyways?Tuxedo: They work with Folchis and Pepe Remundo? any recommendations/comments?Hair/Make up: Tamra? Beauty by Tamra? She was in there the day I signed so I got to meet her. She was really nice. Has anyone seen her work?Now here is the trick question because she didnt really point me in one direction or who to call or what she thinks, she gave me average pricing. They work with Party Pleasers, Music by requset, and Hey mrdj. Does anyone recommend anyone in specific? Have you wokred with them? Do you recommend anyone over the other?

Re: I decided between the two! - Now all of my questions!

• Options
    lrtrauthlrtrauth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    email me at lrtrauth@yahoo.com
  • Options
    tarynnicholetarynnichole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Fassler for my flowers and they've been great. Their price was MUCH lower than other florists I looked at. If you want more detailed info, let me know tarynnichole1@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For tuxes, both Folchi's and Peppe Ramundo will do a great job and will probably be priced about the same. Folchi's does have three location though so they will probably be more convenient if you have people living around the Cincinnati area or if you have out of towners that are staying close to the reception location. They have locations in Kenwood (their warehouse), West Chester, and Anderson/Beechmont. As for photogs, both Bambino and Daniel Michael do a nice job. I met with Daniel Michael and he was really nice and his work was great, but we decided to go with a friend of my FI (who is also a local photog). One of my friends used Bambino for photography and video. The pictures were really good and the video was AMAZING!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lrtrauth - I emailed you. tarrynichole - I really haven't set my color theme or what type of flowers I would like. I was reading different reviews on websites and they said Fassler was really expensive. The lady at Elements said she would work with me and that her work was great. What theme are you going for? Where else did you look?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, does anyone have any recommendations for Hair? They don't have anyone for hair that they work with. They recommended to ask Tamra but I thought I would ask to see who you all are using.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tuxes: Folchis!!!Hair: Sam Hills, without a doubt! Just had my trial today and love, love, lovei t.
  • Options
    tarynnicholetarynnichole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Devs: As far as "theme," I don't really have one. My colors are black, white and plum. I did want something that didn't look insanely feminine and constructed. My fiance's not a huge flower person. We're using a mixture of Picasso callilillies, Lisianthus, Hydrangea, Anthurium, flowering branches, curly willow and a few others I can't think of offhand for bouquets, centerpices, etc. I'm having 25 centerpieces (13 tall/12 short). They're pretty flexible and the woman I met with, Destiny, brought out a lot of flowers as examples as we spoke so we could try different things and redo it as I changed my mind. I also looked at Katie Elfers, Courtney Lambert, and Robin Wood, but Fassler was $500 cheaper than the next closest vendor. Oh - my venue is giving me the vases to use so I don't have to rent those.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Elements too! My date is 5-16-10. Don't you just love Nidhi?For the hotel, I just called the Holiday Inn today to block my rooms. The hotel is less than a minute from The Elements, it's the tall one right across the street. The lady I talked to said their special rate for blocked rooms is $79 a night, as long as at least 10 rooms get blocked, the bride and groom get their room the night of the wedding for Free, they offer a free shuttle to and from the Elements and they do not hold you liable for any unused blocked rooms. Guests have until 1 month prior to book one of the blocked rooms. But she said if someone booked after the 1 month deadline, she'd go ahead and give the $79 rate, but there was no guarantee of empty rooms. My photographer is Michael Bambino. Talk to Nidhi about the discounted prices they offer, the only thing is, Michael himself is pricier, even with the discount. The discounted price they give is for one of the other photographers who work for Michael, they're all amazing tho. I'm going with Music by Request DJ Butlers. We are both having Sunday weddings so you should get even more discounts than what they offer. For instance, DJ Butlers offers a discount of $695 if you go through the Elements, but since my wedding is a Sunday, I'm paying $595. Every vendor you talk to should offer you Sunday wedding discounts.
  • Options
    ninjette04ninjette04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Party Pleasers did my MOH's wedding 2 yrs ago and I loved them, so I am PRETTY SURE I am going with them for my wedding next year.
    ~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jenn1981jenn1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used peppe ramundo for tuxes and he was awesome. All but 3 of our 13 tuxes were OOT and we had no problems whatsoever. I also, more than anything, really really loved that we supported a small local business owner. www.pepperamundoandson.com
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CincyBride29CincyBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Daniel Michael for my photographer. I LOVE his personality and his work is immpecable. Him and Bambino are the only phtographers that use film (I believe...I could be wrong). You can't go wrong with either photographer...but I love Daniel's energy! Also...I am using millsfilms for my video and every photgrapher I spoke to said its not a problem working with a different photographer and videographer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    220 Invited image 163 Attending image 57 Declined image 0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Staybridge Suites on Union Centre is nice, my Fiance's parents have stayed there many times and it's a really nice facility. I'm using Michael Bambino for my photography and videography, I really liked his samples and his energy so I'm confident that my pictures and video will turn out beautifully. I'm using Beauty by Tamra for my wedding make-up as well i haven't had her do my make-up yet but she came highly recommended from Michael and a few others I've talked too. I'm also using Music by Request DJ Butlers-Tony Frambes for my DJ he did my sisters wedding back in 03 and he did a wonderful job. Good luck with all of your decision making :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I am meeting all of the vendors in the next couple weeks so I will keep you all posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards