Florida-West Coast

Honeymoons and Travel Agents

My and FI want to go an all inclusive resort for our honeymoon. It doesn't really matter where for us, Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican, etc. Our budget is $3000 for everything (during peak season too which sucks), I know I can find a deal, but I'm not sure which are good and bad resorts. So I've been told to use a travel agents. The place I've contacted basically keeps pushing me aside and not helping at all. I obviously want the best that we can afford. Any suggestions for good travel agencies? Or even any good suggestions for not too expensive resorts?

Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Honeymoons and Travel Agents

• drtarajpdrtarajp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Sandals all inclusives? I think you will be able to find a trip plus airfare in your budget. Just make sure to check out a site like tripadvisor.com for reviews of the resorts, because i have had heard some great things about some of their resorts, and bad things about the others. Also, check out the Honeymoon boards on the knot. There are a lot of reviews of various resorts, and the girls over there are very helpful as well! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend my travel agent. She booked our whole wedding group to Vegas. Not only can a travel agent help you with the good and bad hotels but if you encounter any problems while on your trip, they will handle it for you and you can relax ;) Good luck.

Katie Speer with Full Sails Travel - (813) 994-8833

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Brandles17Brandles17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Jamaica and staying at Couples Tower Isle. For 6 nights and air fair we spent $3000. I have heard a ton of great reviews.

Our honeymoon is less than a month away!!! I can't wait!

www.couples.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Website
    199image 155image 44image 0image
    RSVP by September 22, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys, I have checked into the couples and sandals resorts, however with my wedding being in March travel and resorts are REALLY expensive.

ChelseaP Thank you for the travel agent contact! I am going to call her this week! :)
    Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm booking a cruise just for that very reason. The resorts can be expensive. While a cruise isn't exactly a private paradise, at least I'll get to eat good food and visit a few islands in a short period of time. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards