Florida-West Coast

New Bride---NEED HELP

Hello ladies.  I have been lurking on this board for quite a while now, but I just got engaged on Valentine's Day and I wanted to offiically introduce mysefl.  My name is Shannon and I am a full time RN and go to school fulltime as well.  My fiance RJ is a software engineer and we have been together for about 3 1/2 years now.  We live together and have two very spoiled dogs.

My main concern at this point it to pick a ceramony/reception hall for about 80 guests with a budget of 6,000$ total for ceremony, reception, and open bar, and decorations. We really want something casual not crazy fancy, but still elegant.  We would love for this venue to be on the beach and all in one location.  As we don't want our guests to have to travel from place to place.  A hotel on a beach would be the best  however, with our tight budget I dont know if this would be feasable.  So if any one has information about affordable beach weddings in Clearwater, The St. Pete Beaches, and Anna Maria island  that has a ceremony and reception in one place preferable hotel on site or at least in walking distance.  I appreciate any and all help and I am looking forward to getting to know you ladies!

Thank you,
Shannon
Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(

Re: New Bride---NEED HELP

• edited December 2011
    I am going with the Bilmar. They have the best prices I found, a very nice venue with newly renovated accomodations, right on the beach.
    meet annie! rescued 6.17.12 imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am getting married at the Sandbar, but no hotel. Free trolley on the island. Let me know if you need more info.

• edited December 2011
    Hi, there. We're getting married next Feb at the Tradewinds resort of St Pete Beach. They have NO MINIMUM in Feb. Also, you can have a sit down dinner for like $64 a person, which includes open bar for 3 or 4 hours (can't remember). And a ceremony on the beach is $1K. So for 80 people, that'll be slightly over your budget once you add the 22% service fee and 7% sales tax, but I bet Renee can work with you if you do a weekday. If not, go next door to the Sirata. Melanie is a sweetheart and tried to beat the Tradewinds quote by lowering her (the Sirata's) minimum to like $4000-something.

Check them out. They're worth a try.

:)Ellen
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggestions
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards