Florida-West Coast
Options

Long Boat

So, my Fiancé's mother calls today and makes the obvious suggestion (we're from Ohio and looking to have a wedding far enough away to save on costs... my mothers family alone is close to 100 people and my brother and sister had 300+ at each of their weddings) of going to long boat FL to get married because his grandparents own two condos! We're looking to have a beach ceremony which if we can't find we can always just do at the beach of his grandparents house. We're looking to have between 25 and 35 people attend and want some sort of outdoor space where we could have a reception not too far from longboat. Any suggestions that wouldn't break the bank? like i said small # of people outdoors I'd say spending no more than $4,000 or $5,000 including food...

Re: Long Boat

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents live on Longboat (and I lived there for 4 years- not anymore though)...anyway, a popular place to get married that isn't very pricey at all is the Sandbar which is on Anna Maria Island (next island up, just a few minutes drive). Also, the Beach House. Both are ideal for smaller weddings and are affordable. Another idea is the Hilton which is actually on LBK, I checked it out myself but thought they were asking way too much for what was offered. It needed a facelift.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards