Florida-West Coast

Publix for wedding flowers?

Hey knotties:) has anyone used Publix for their bouquets??  If you did, can you tell me how much you paid? We are just going to do roses since its not something we care about much. Cheap is best:)

Thanks

Trina
5-26-13

Re: Publix for wedding flowers?

• edited February 2013
    I'd suggest costco.com.  They ship them directly to you.
  • We did flowers by Publix. 
    No problems with ordering, no problems with flowers, paid about half what we would have from a regular florist.

We did not order bouquets though.  We had a small wedding with no attendants.

We did bouts and corsages, and loose flowers for table decorations.  And we picked them up - packaged by the Publix florist for transport.

If you're still reading, we also did CAKE by Publix, and we picked that up too - avoiding another delivery charge.  The cake was packaged by the Publix bakery for transport, and they showed FI how to set it up, etc.  No problem making the order, even though I wanted an unusual color on the cake. 

And we packaged the top layer for freezing, froze it for 14 months, and then ate it at a small party with our parents - and the cake tasted every bit as wonderful as it did on the wedding day.  Now, you know only a high-quality cake will hold the taste through a year of being frozen. 

When I was cake shopping, a guy I work with told me that they did Cake by Publix.  He said he thought it was a horrible idea to order a WEDDING CAKE from a GROCERY STORE, but he was delighted with the taste on the wedding day. Then he said he had serious doubts about eating the top layer of their cake one year later, after a year in the freezer. Thought they'd probably take a bite and throw it away because it would taste of freezer burn. Instead, he said their wedding cake tasted just the same one year later, and it was wonderful. And this testimony came from a G U Y. That's what clinched my decision of getting our cake from Publix.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards