Florida-West Coast
Options

What do you think?

As you know we are doing our cocktail hour before the ceremony.  So I wanted to wear a different dress for the cocktail hour so that my hubbie would not see the gown until I walked down the isle.  (For those of you that are new I am already married and renewing my 10 year vows) 

So what do you think about this dress and hair style?

We are having a Miami South Beach theme cocktail hour with lounge furniture and the Martini/Mojito Bar look.

On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What do you think?

• Options
    MrsCanes511MrsCanes511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the hair, and from what I can tell of the dress, love it too! (the sun is so bright its hard to see the bottom of the dress lol) but I think it would be great for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go with a short dress for the cocktail hour.  It is more sassy and more Miami.  How are you doing your hair for the ceremony?
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/ pp.  A cocktail dress would be more Miami, but it's totally up to you.  Are you going to have time to redo your hair for the ceremony? 
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes...I will have tme for my hair.  I am wearing my hair down for the ceremony as well with a differnt hair piece then the one shown...and I will just be adding a few waves to the lower portion of my hair to give it some body and volume. But my hair dresser says that will take him and his partner no more then 15 minutes so I figuered while everyone is moving over to the cortyard I will get that done.

And for the dress...I have a HUGE Koi tatoo on my leg that I did not want to show:) So that's why I was thinking of going with a long dress! 

Thanks girls!  You guys are always so awesome!  I think this was the best thing that someone came up with for brides. Could you imagine not having the KNOT...who would we talk to?  Where would we VENT?
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well then that sounds perfect.  This is kind of a silly question but, is your FI going to change too?  That would be fun if he did. :)

PS- I love TK too.  I know everyone else must be getting sick of hearing about my wedding plans.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In that case, to cover the tat you will want something slinky and modern with bling.  The dress you posted is pretty but I don't think Miami when I see it.  It is too sweet and innocent.  Maybe even wear a bold color or metallic.

Check these out:
    http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EH-250814&page=1&cgname=OSCLODRSBLK&rfnbr=3198

http://www.simplydresses.com/dresses/dress_by_event/formal_dance?ob=da&nt=48&sortgo.x=18&sortgo.y=3&sortgo=GO

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies...your the BEST!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry Jen I meant to answer your question in the pp but anyways YES he will also be changing..he plans on doing the Miami Vice (Don Johnson) look.  A nice jacket with a button up shirt underneath and a pair of jeans:)  So we will see...I think I am definitly going with the dress I really like it a lot....it looks sweet and innocent in this picture but the back is really low cut and sexy...and I bought some awesome rhinestone shoes that would match it perfectly!  I think I can pull off the Miami look with it...and still stay Classy:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards