Florida-West Coast
Options

Grooms Wear for Beach Wedding

We are getting married on the beach in the St. Pete area. We are both photographers from the Detroit area but are getting married the day before a photography convention, on a Thursday in the end of January.
I want a white real wedding dress because we have about 10-15 photographers from around the country who will be photographing that day.
My fiance does not want a tux so we are looking into the grey suit idea.
If getting married on the beach, what is the going style for the groom?
We are only going to go to a restaurant afterwards (not a big reception) so a tux would be too much. Where do you find a great suit, etc?

Re: Grooms Wear for Beach Wedding

• Options
    you could do a tan suit from mens wearhouse those look lovely
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    I thought I read that a lot of grooms are buying khaki suits from Joseph A. Banks as they cost only a little more than renting one.
  • Options
    My fiance and I are getting married on a beach a couple hours south of St. Pete... we just went to look for his attire and settled on a light grey suit. It looks very classy without being too formal. I don't know where to suggest for the St. Pete area, as we found ours at a local shop, but I would probably advise against Men's Warehouse as I've heard about lots of bad experiences. A Jos.A.Bank might work though, they are always having sales!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

• Options
    thank you! I will look into all of that. I did get a call from a Mens Warehouse. I am not sure we will use them though.
    I think we are going to go with the grey suit idea. :-)
  • Options
    We did grey "suits" on the beach and got the clothing from Kohls. Grey dress pants, grey tie, aqua dress shirts. Only the groom wore a jacket.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We love beach weddings! 

Grey suits are definitely trending right now in the wonderful world of weddings and the cost of purchase is similar to that of renting a tuxedo. He could then definitely wear it again to events or when he just feels like looking dapper. 

We have a wide selection of gray suits in various shades- http://bit.ly/PMtc77

If you're feeling beachy check out this color story, although we did style the groom in a white tuxedo- http://bit.ly/MWTtrueblue

We hope this helps and good luck with everything! Congratulations :) 
    You're going to like the way he looks. We guarantee it. http://tuxedo.menswearhouse.com/
  • Options
    I'm getting married on the beach as well and my fiance is wearing a medium to light grey suit from Hugo Boss, beautiful fit and material. He also tried some suits on at Banana Republic and they have some nice suits in their monogram collection.... definitely worth a look. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards