Florida-West Coast

Honeymoon Fund Registry

Hi!

I am hoing that someone can guide me in the direction of a good honeymoon registry!  My fiance and I have lived together for 5 years, and don't need much in the way of kitchenware, and we just spent all our savings on a down payment for our first house, so what we really want more than anything is a honeymoon!  I have heard that Honeyfund and Travelers Joy are good sites, but what I really need is one that will allow you to travel anywhere, not just their pre-organized package deals, and will let you register for things that you may not have booked yet.
Does anyone have any advice on this?  I would be so grateful! 

Re: Honeymoon Fund Registry

• To be 100% honest these are highly frowned upon. IF you get money as gifts use THAT for your honeymoon. These companies take a nice fat junk of the money, and most gifters will side eye it. If they can't go on a vacation why would they want to send you on one. I would sneak in a visit to the Registry and Gift board.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • I agree with ShakeUp.....most people see it as the same as just flat out asking for cash which as we all know is a big no-no.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Learning to make a good brisket is only the beginning. www.shiksatoyenta.wordpress.com
  • I do know a few people who have done it and because they were our close friends, I happily obliged. I did find it weird, though, since they made more money than I do... I guess I also figured that if they didn't have enough money for a honeymoon, they shouldn't be going on that particular European honeymoon -- that they should have saved up... And when I found out the site was going to take a percentage for itself, I was really turned off. But I still considered it for our registry, ultimately going with the more common registry places (Crate & Barrel, Macy's and Target) and opening it to gift cards so people could put their money there instead. I think your honeymoon is YOUR gift to yourself, but if you really want to do this, perhaps register at a honeymoon fund registry and one of the others (Target, et al) to give people choices they can feel comfortable with. Hope that helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards