Florida-West Coast

St. Pete Beach Rehearsal Dinner?

Hi, ladies!

I live in Chicago and have only spent a couple days in St. Pete Beach, where we're getting married at the Tradewinds next year. Our moms are trying to put together a rehearsal dinner nearby -- preferably on Gulf Blvd -- but we don't know the area.

What I do know: I didn't love the Sirata's restaurant, and the Tradewinds' fanciest resataurant is too small and too expensive for our tastes.

I imagine we'll have 50 people there. I'd love your thoughts. Tampa or downtown St. Petersburg, though I'm sure lovely, are just too far from where the guests will be centered.

Thank you!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: St. Pete Beach Rehearsal Dinner?

• boderoeboderoe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try in John's Pass, There is a place called the Friendly Fisherman. I love there food. It's on Madeira Beach. Which is about 10 minutes up the road from St.Pete beach. Ive lived on the beaches my whole life. So i you need any info, just email me. Spaswimmer24@yahoo.com.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, Salt Rock Grill which is Indian Rocks Beach, north of St. Pete, might be an option. There's also Island Way Grill or Columbia Restaurant on Clearwater Beach.
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here you go:

http://www.grandplazaflorida.com/spinners-restaurant.html

Experience the awe-inspiring panoramic view of St. Pete Beach while enjoying dinner or just cocktails in Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro.

Reservations are not necessary, dress code ranges from casual to semi-formal.

You can enjoy before or after dinner beverages in our bar area. We have seating that revolves and stationary seating as well - all with awesome views.

Spinners is located on the top (12th) floor of the Grand Plaza Hotel and overlooks the beautiful Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay. "The only Rooftop Revolving Lounge and Bistro on the Gulf Coast."

• edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!

Kristin789 -- have you eaten there by chance? When we stayed there, we heard the food was expensive and not htat good.:(
  • edited December 2011
    We did Crabby Bills...we wanted low key and convenient and it was really fun!  The price tag was pretty awesome too for a full dinner with booze!
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I've never eaten there but I've seen Spinners recommended on here before so I was thinking it would be fabulous.  It's gotta be better than the Friendly Fisherman at John's Pass - the food there is only OK, there isn't any parking, and the restaurant is kind of a crowded cluster, and it's gotta be better than really-just-a-beach-bar Crabby Bills...
  • edited December 2011
    I agree it's more along the lines of what we wanted. Thanks!
  • cindynrobcindynrob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Better late then never..

Spinners is a beautiful view but if you don't time it right you will miss the sunset... Food is decent but not as good as it should be for the price.

I hear the Hurricane does great catering pricing not quite sure the range but I love the food there and the view is great
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks cindynrob! What's the Hurricane?
  • edited December 2011
    Wildwood BBQ at the Postcard Inn. You can sit inside the restaurant or they have a separate area for events such as rehearsal dinners. They will do a special menu for you too if you want to restrict it to keep costs down. The food there is really good. We are doing a rehearsal lunch there instead of a dinner. We're also doing our day after wedding breakfast there.
  • hannahj1983hannahj1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_st-pete-beach-rehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:dce43512-d602-4ce8-bceb-8e1e9183ac0dPost:0e977d90-5b77-4fd8-bafe-c57e993e2c17">Re: St. Pete Beach Rehearsal Dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, Salt Rock Grill which is Indian Rocks Beach, north of St. Pete, might be an option. There's also Island Way Grill or Columbia Restaurant on Clearwater Beach.
    Posted by bridge913[/QUOTE]

<div>LOVE this restaurant, it would be perfect. </div><div>
    </div><div>But I think John's Pass might be fun to- I like Scully's or Friendlys, but Scully's a little better. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Ellen - I had my bridal shower at the Hurricane.  It is a popular restuarant in Pass-a-Grille that is a staple in the area.  It is a casual 2 story restaurant that serves a variety of seafood.  Fun environment!

Looks like the website is all messed up, but here is a sample of the menu online: http://www.thehurricane.com/

HTH!

Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, ladies. Though I bet I'd love them, Friendly's and Scully's seem far too casual for our tastes in terms of a night-before dinner; Hurricane may be an option. Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards