Florida-West Coast

VENUE HELP!

WHERE TO BEGIN... I FELL IN LOVE WITH SAFETY HARBOR RESORT RIGHT AWAY... THEN THE NEWS OF THEIR BANKRUPTCY CAME TO LIGHT. SO I BEGAN THE VENUE SEARCH. I LOOKED AT ABOUT 10 MORE SITES.. AND STILL KEEPT WANTING TO GO BACK TO SAFETY HARBOR... THE ONLY OTHER PLACE I LIKED WAS THEY HILTON ON CLEARWATER BEACH. ALTHOUGH, I DO NOT LIKE THE CEREMONY SPOT AND WONT SETTLE!! NEED HELP DECIDING IF ITS WORTH THE RISK EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE IN BANKRUPTCY. THE WEDDING IS 11.5.11. HELP!

Re: VENUE HELP!

• teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh the caps are killing me

If you don't have a good feeling walk away and walk away fast
  • edited December 2011
    i wouldn't let the entire day ride on something that uncertain. if money isnt an issue try kapok it has a similar feel.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Someone had mentioned on this board that business is still running as usual there just with staff cuts and such. I can't imagine that place closing, it's been a staple in this area for as long as I can remember!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Okay...I am full into contract with them and can not turn back...so think before you do it. I am getting married in January and i am so stressed. and i will be until i get there the day of my wedding...and not only that they will be open but that they will be serving the same quality i expect. so you know yourself, how stressed will you be worrying about it:? my fiance says all will be well and if not we will deal with it. it's just i spent all of my money and if they do close we'll be getting married in a back yard somewhere, not that there's anything wrong with that but its just not what we planned....i love it there, it everything we want!! (apologize ahead of time for the grammar). really...just know what you want and what you can deal with...good luck!

---if you have any specific questions let me know...best wishes!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I've spoken with the General Manager and they have assured me that they will be operating business as usual. They have  a court date set in March that will determine their fate. I feel like its the place and I will be kicking myself if they are still open in November 2011 when I have my wedding if I do not go with them. It seems like they can pull themselves out of Ch11 bc they have done it before. Just so stressed... what if they do close & then I have 6 months to find a venue for 150 guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards