Florida-West Coast

Destination Wedding in FL...Ideas???

My fiance and I are going to have a destination wedding in April 2013 in Florida. We are looking at the Gulf side due to beautful water, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what beaches are best and resorts that you highly recommend (**note: we willl be having a smaller wedding and a large recption back home) so we dont want to pay an arm and leg just for the ceremony.

We have been suggested Fort Meyers beach, Destin...The Pink Shelll Resort in Fort Meyers Beach...

Any recommendations and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Re: Destination Wedding in FL...Ideas???

• I'm from Clearwater/St Pete area so my first suggestion would be St Pete Beach because it's beautiful!

I just moved to Ft Myers and saw a wedding set up at The Pink Shell in Ft Myers and I was really impressed. The Pink Shell was gorgeous and it had a really nice set up and pool.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got married on Anna Maria Island and it was beautiful! 
  • We are getting married on Siesta Key on the beach...we found our venue through our wedding planner, I haven't seen it listed anywhere - Siesta Dunes.  It's a condo complex (not really a resort, but has a pool, tennis courts and is right on the beach).  We'll get married on the sand and then have the reception on their deck.  Best part is, there is no cost for the venue if you book a minimum of 5 condos. 
  • edited June 2012
    I am getting married in November on St. Pete Beach through the Sirata Beach Resort, we too are doing a destination wedding but I did get to travel to look at the resort and for me I was sold on the ballroom!!!!!
    Theresa Wedding Date:November 24, 2012
  • Which ballroom did you use?
  • second on Anna Maria Island! Sooo beautiful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards