Florida-West Coast

Plus Size Bridal Gowns

My parents spend half of the year in south west florida, and my mother wants to me to come down and go dress shopping down there. I'm not supe familiar with the area so I need help finding bridal salons. Other then David's Bridal (not my favorite place) does anybody have any suggestions on bridal salons in either the Sarasota or Fort Myers areas that have a large selection of plus size dresses?

I have already gone shopping at home (I'm from the Northeast) and went to a great store that had a "Curvy Couture" collection of dresses and I was pleased to be able to try on all of them and not have to try to shove myself into the size 8 sample sizes of a traditional bridal salon. They had a great selection, tons of choices and I would love to have the same experience in Flordia with my mother. I have heard nightmare stories that while most salons do carry at least a few plus size dresses, they tend to be dowdy and out dated.

I hope someone has some suggestions for me!

I

Re: Plus Size Bridal Gowns

• twosittwosit member
    First Comment
    We had good luck at For the Bride in Fort Myers.  Loretta's Bridals in Bonita or Naples seemed to carry a lot of small sizes.  
  • try www.jonsbridal.com
  • Go to johns bridal shop in Tampa near Busch Gardens they have up to a size 30 in stock.
  • Thank you for the information everyone! I had actually reasearched Jon's Bridal shop, but never made it there because I actually found my dress at a small bridal shop in Port Charlotte where my parents live. It was called Charlotte Bridal Boutique. While they did not have the largest sleection of plus size dresses, they did have quite a few and the service there was great! I ended up getting an AMAZING deal on discontinued Robin Jillian dress. It fit me perfectly and I walked out of the store with it. Can't wait to put it on in November!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards