Maryland

Introductions!

Hello! Is anyone lurking out there? Let's get this board active!Give a brief intro of yourself.My name is Julia and my FI is Ian.Our wedding is on May 29, 2010. Our wedding is at the Ostertag Vistas in Myersville, MD.We are having a civil ceremony and it is outdoors.We are trying to make our wedding eco and budget friendly. :o)So far we have done...Venue, officiant, caterer, wedding gown, BM dresses, photo sharing cards, card holder, cake topper, GM gifts, favors, honeymoon bookedStill left is...Photographer, florist, baker, plane tix, our accommodations, guest accommodations, invitations, and all the detailsCan't wait to meet you all!

Re: Introductions!

• Kitcat106Kitcat106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there. Yes, this board does need to be more active!My FI and I are getting married March 21, 2010 at the Antrim 1844 Country House and Hotel in Taneytown, Md. We live in Northern VA and the Antrim is about 75 miles away. I was reluctabt to select the venue based on the distance, but we really liked it and they are giving us a good deal for having the wedding in an off-season month.I bought my gown and we've already selected the cake baker. We need to find an officiant, photographer and florist. If anyone can recommend a good officiant in the area I'd appreciate it. Between the 2 of us there are 3 different religions, yet we aren't that religious ourselves. LOL. We'd like to keep the ceremony pretty civil.I'm also not keen on having tons of flowers. I was actually thinking of trying to make my own feather bouquet. Has anyone does this? I've seen some really photos of them in bridal magazines.
  • edited December 2011
    hello. i'm taylor, FI is joe and we're getting married 9/18/10 at Morningside Inn in FrederickWe have:ceremony/reception venue (includes catering)dress/veilphotogcakeofficiant DJMUAhotel block and that's all i can think of right now!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    KitCat-we're using Rev Ron Reaves for our officiant...he is willing to do a variety of wedding stylesRONRV@comcast.net if you want to get more info/see if your date is available
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is October 22, 2010 at Stone Manor Country Club in Middletown, MD. So far we have... the location. We are about to finalize the food. Still left... everything else. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi girls - I'm an old married lady from Frederick.  I got married in May at Ceresville Mansion.  Check out my bio for vendor reviews for whatever you guys are still looking for.  jrshatto- def contact Rev. Laura Cannon with Divine Transformation (http://www.divinetransformation.com/) if you're still hunting.  She is nondenominational and fantastic!  I love her more than a vendor and continue to be in touch with her asking her relationship advice.  She really made the planning process easy and gave us complete control over the ceremony.  If you have any questions about her, kimbrout at gmail dot com.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion, kimbrout! We are all set with the clerk of courts as our officiant though- she knows my family, and it's a free service. It's very nice of you to hang back and help out us planners :o) Where are all of the Frederick people? It's the biggest county in MD!
  • heidilynn43heidilynn43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Heidi and my FI is Wesley.Our wedding is on October 2011 (can't decide between 15 and 22). Our wedding is at Winfield Farm (family farm) in Mt. Airy, MD.We are having a short ceremony and then country reception.We are trying to make our wedding budget friendly, cozy and casual.So far we have done...Venue, easy one haha, and photographer (FI's fraternity brother)Still left is...everything else...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards